Home

Playbooks need to be torn down and rebuilt

This is a discussion on Playbooks need to be torn down and rebuilt within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playbooks need to be torn down and rebuilt

Sorry, but this is a joke at this point. Redundant running plays that attack the same gaps, using mirrored plays in a poor attempt to "flesh out" the sparse playbooks in certain formations. The whole thing is embarrassing.

APF2K8 had this figured out years ago with their two-tiered playcalling system (call the protection then call the skill play).

I know that people get antsy when people call for a simulation rather than an online arcade game, but it just kills me that in 2011 we're still calling "I-Form, RB Iso" in our football games.

There is no reason for there not to be a play creator, and there is no reason for entire formations to only have 9 or 12 redundant, incoherent plays.

Defense is just as bad. Blitz packages that don't make any schematic sense, plays that leave the flanker uncovered and the FB out of the backfield covered, the only way to get a real contain simulation is to call it, which is ridiculous, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by makaveli_Reborn; 07-14-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »