Home

NCAA 13 and beyond...

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 and beyond... within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 13 and beyond...

This is a short little wishlist that I have for NCAA 13 and a couple of extra features that I know won't be in until a few more years...

1.) Dynamic broadcasting - This includes different broadcast crews and TV productions. Ex - Thursday night game should have ESPN or ESPN2's actual Thursday night broadcast team and graphics. The 2:30 SEC game should be on CBS with Verne and Gary, and the 11:20 game should be on the SEC Network with Andre Ware and Dave Neal. ABC Primetime game should be Kirk and Brent with Brent opening to say "You're looking live..." One of the great voices in all of college football!!! Let them broadcast from the booth as well and show the stadium behind them.

2.) 85 man rosters - This would provide SO much more depth in the lineup and would fix the depth chart bugs we've seen recently 4 and 5 years into dynasty. Also, on the Next Gen console, maybe NCAA 15 or 16, expand to 105 and give up 20 walk ons! How cool would it be to see your walk on FS become a starter? With the dynamic commentary, they could talk about his path to making it big time on your team.

3.) Medical redshirts - Self explanatory. Tired of losing my starting HB for the year and not getting him back for his 5th year.

4.) Signing day special - Show some of the top recruits from around the country signing their Letter of Intent. Line up the hats and let them choose! Could also implement this into Road to Glory for your high school star!

5.) Fix the sidelines - Want to see TV crews and media personnel, chain gangs, and more player celebrations. Coaches wearing headsets and calling plays, screaming, or celebrating, and players sitting on the bench, drinking water or gatorade, and talking to each other.

6.) College GameDay - For now, it could be used to broadcast GameDay from either the ESPN studio or inside the booth of the upcoming game. For future NCAA's, like NCAA 15 or 16 on Next Gen, they need to model the OUTSIDE of the stadiums, and let that be the backdrop of GameDay with fans in the background holding signs.

7.) Make the stadium become alive - No more cut scenes of the fans. Live shots of the overhead camera panning the stadium, panning the fans. Show fans walking up and down the stairs in the stadium and moving to their seats. Show them walking down by the field, the hedges, or fences that seperate the field from the stands.

8.) Halftime shows - Cut back to the studio to show Mark May, Rece Davis, and Lou Holtz or the guys at CBS talking about what's going on around the country. Start with them talking about how your team is doing so far, the keys to the game so far, and what Team A has to do to beat Team B, continue running the ball, stop the run...

9.) ESPN Bottomline/CBS SportsTicker - It's been in the game way back on '02 and '03, why can't they have this now?

These are the things I would like to see in either NCAA 13 or future additions to the game. Let me know what you guys think, and if this is a solid/reasonable list. When thinking about reasonable, I realize some things will have to wait until next gen...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Great list and the order looks perfect except for the crowd. I'd love to see a dynamic crowd in next years game. I'd also add hiring OC and DC when your the HC
Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

BryanAllen4's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 13 and beyond...

i think you're asking too much on the broadcast. I suggested the same thing, but have ESPN2, CBS, ABC, etc. available as DLC each. We allknow how much EA loves DLC and I'd be willing to buy every single one haha.

But other than that I love the list. I would also add Roster editor for teambuilder website AND create-a-stadium for the teambuilder website.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 13 and beyond...

I agree with all of the ideas, except the 85 man rosters, and heres why. For those of us that actually put the real names on for every team, we know how tiring and boring it is with just 70 man rosters. 85 Would be a nightmare

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »