Home

Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Rookie

RedHawk24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13

My biggest suggestion that hasn't already been mentioned is an AD-Mode for Dynasties, a la the Franchise mode in Madden. Instead of being a coach who moves around from school to school, you should have the option of being the Athletic Director, and give the AD the same powers as the Owner would have in Madden's franchise mode.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Rookie

mjepting's Arena

OVR: 1

They need to have the SEC on CBS!!! March Madness had CBS on it so ncaa 13 should have it. The SEC on CBS is a Saturday tradition showcasing the best game from the best conference in college football. Playing the SEC championship just doesn't sound right without Verne Lundquist!!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Rookie

i agree with most everthing you guys are saying. would like them to add a few things

• the option to make your own custom plays. i really enjoyed making my own plays back in the day.
  • custom uniforms, if i want my team wearing pink and blue, then i should be able to
  • remember the local, satellite, and nationally televised games a few years ago. do that again, but with different commentators.
  • excessive celebrations. make it where you can celebrate, but if you go too far, you get penalized just like in the real game
  • more in tune stats. if my receiver is a 98 speed, and the DB is 88, he should get burned frequently. i know there is a slider for that, but it doesn't do much for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
  • Chain-gang
I can't remember which Madden had this, but the first few times it happened I was like "Oh, cool, a chain gang!" But after like the hundreth time it happened I got super annoyed that I had to wait those 8-10 seconds to find out if it was a first down or not

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

I love the NCAA franchise, have played every year since 2004. The last gen version still does it more for me. The only thing the next gen has on it are the graphics. I have to say however, that NCAA 12 is amazing. Really love the game, but there are still some things that can be done to make this the greatest football game of all time, possibly the greatest sports game of all time. There are only a few things, but if added will definitely make me happy and I know it will make you guys happy as well.

These are all pretty much Dynasty additions, since that is what I play mostly.

1). Commentary - Please EA do something about this redundant, boring, and tiresome commentary. I'm so tired of hearing the same thing throughout my whole dynasty career. Having play by play commentary with the occasional cheesy statement is OLD and it really needs to be overhauled. Make it realistic. Make the commentators focus on different star players every game. You know what I mean, the commentator(s) will talk about how the Trojans star runningback was supposed to go to Ohio State, but decommittted on signing day to choose USC, but then the next game, he mentions how fast he was in high school or how he said he wants to win a national title in honor of his grandmother. No redundancy. Also this type of commentary would only be done in dynasty mode and for star players with your occassional senior OL or 3rd string star prospect getting some hype.

Then there should be team specific commentary. I want to hear the commentator mention a new coach signing or fire, progression of that coach throughout the season, etc. Also when a coach isn't doing well I wanna hear his name mentioned on the hot seat. I wanna hear progressive commentary where if a team has won back to back titles or three in a row, the commentators now become a little bias on their success or their failure. Also I wanna hear them mention BCS and National ranking implications for certain games for top 25 teams. I wanna hear how Oklahoma needs to beat Missouri to clinch a national title berth, the whole nine. I just want realistic commentary.

2). True Fan Sound - Listen to a real FSU game or Michigan game and then listen to a NCAA FSU game or Michigan game. No comparison huh? What would it take for us to get the FSU chant and song or the Arkansas cry/call. Butit isn't just the fact of getting authentic team chants and whatnot, but the sound has never been there for this franchise I just don't want to hear the Gator call, but I wanna hear the Gator faithful actually makeing it hard for opposing teams to come to Ben Hill. I mean where are the cowbells and the horns, the true sound of fans screaming/cheering. You gotta make this a reality EA.

3). Edit player models - Give us the 2k engine. Listen I know football players have helmets on and are pretty much covered up with equipment, but the current models are pretty garbage. Let me edit face, head, hair, facial hair, tattoos, etc. Being able to edit your player is much better than those preset models. With editable hair, which will not just be style, but length, we'll have more control in how want our players to look. You wanna nab that pretty boy QB prospect with the golden locks, you can, or that 6'5" 280 beast DL with dreads down to his numbers, it'd be possible. Fully customizable players is the way to go. Gotta bring it in 2013 EA. Please.

4). Uniform customization in Dynasty - The tweak EA made to Custom conferences in NCAA 12 was brilliant. Able to actually expand conferences instead of just swapping out. Was a very good addition, but I think along with this, the user needs to be able to either create or edit the uniforms years down the road in dynasty, just like in real life. If you wanna create another uniform combo for Oregon (tongue in cheek) or maybe in 2016 you want Penn State to go modern and pro combat, you'd be able to. However this would not be based on teambuilder, i.e. those crappy user uniforms will not be used, but full adidas, nike, or under armour companies, meaning we'd have full customization of jerseys, pants, shoes, and helmets. This wouldn't obviously be for everyone, but for me I'd absolutely love it. Make it happen fellas

5). Stadium renovations/building - Like above this would be dynasty based. This is a very minor yet major addition. For the guys who like to play with the powerhouse teams, this wouldn't really effect them as a few tweaks to an already state of the art and popular stadium wouldn't be as exciting as taking a scrub team like Idaho, making them relevant in college football and then when they finally make the jump to a major Conference, you'd be able to build them a 70,000 seat state of the art stadium bringing their already improved prestige along with it. Like I said this won't appeal to everyone, but again I would love it.

6). ESPN Halftime Shows/College Gameday/Weekly CFB Show - I don't know how hard or how easy this would be to implement, but this would put this game over the top as the best sports game. The halftime shows could be highlights, coach interview(s), a look at both teams' best player at the half, and keys to the second half for both squads. Basic yet great enough to feel much more realistic. Again, variety would need to be coded in so it's not the same thing every game, every time. College Gameday would obviously be a show at that week's biggest game venue. Just like in real life, they have picks from all the analysts, maybe some special story of the week and a look at the other big games that day. The weekly CFB Show would be at the end of the day after the final game. In the show it would tak about the day's games, upsets, rivalry games, injuries, BCS rankings/implications, etc. Doesn't have to be long, maybe 10 - 12 min, but would definitely get the job done.

7). Fully customizable Conference logos & names - Also the ability to fully get rid of conferences - Pretty self explanatory. I want to turn the Big 12 into the Big 8 and bring back the old Southwest conference. Also wanna get rid of the WAC conference. Gotta make it happen.

The following are other things I felt would be very minor additions, but didn't need in depth talk about.

-Chain gang. (Why it's not here yet is a shame.)
-Bring back trick plays. (Why were they taken out?)
-Spring Game (Dynasty)
-Mini drills (ala last gen NCAA 07??)

There are probably some other things I forgot, but these are the main ingredients to the most beautiful game in the world.

Last edited by dray8theman; 07-18-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

Have coaches who are on the hot seat get fired in the middle of the season and the team promote the OC or DC as the interm Head Coach

In RTG let you name your High School again because not everyone lives in big cities and also those big cities usually have more than one high school like Pensacola has 3 or 4.

If you do not use team builder to make your high school and white is your secondary color please make it where they use your primary color as your jersey number color for away games instead of having white on white uniforms

Show us what the stadiums look like when we choose our high school stadium

Let us pick our division level for our high school(1A-5A)

Let us set games as district games and a kick off classic that doesn't count to our record

When you get to college have alums or boosters offer you experience points(this would be like them giving you money) to spend on boosts and if you get caught you get suspended

When you finish your RTG career let choose if you want to go pro or become a head coach after your season(last gen) and you start of with a few offers from small schools as a positon coach like if you were a QB then Rice, San Jose St, and FAU offer you a job as the QB Coach which leads me to my next wish

Have position coaches where you only control players at those position this will make it harder to climb the ranks

If accepted xp froms alums or boosters but the NCAA didn't find out about till after you left college(like reggie bush) then the school you played for gets 4 years probation and if you won any championships (NC,CC,Heisman,Maxwell,etc) then they would get stripped and maybe givin to the runner up of course this would be if you converted your RTG to Dynasty

If your a QB coach you can only recruit QB's when you become an OC you can only recruit offensive players
Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

A few things I forgot to add

If a QB injured his ankle in the 1st quarter and comes back I want him limping around

And when you increase a confernce to 12 and have a conference championship I want to be able to choose a sponser for it like the ACC has Dr Pepper
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #16
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTE92
When you get to college have alums or boosters offer you experience points(this would be like them giving you money) to spend on boosts and if you get caught you get suspended
Safe to say this will never happen.

Pretty sure the NCAA would never actually acknowledge that this goes on and they know about it. We all obviously know it happens, but the NCAA would never pass it off as being "part of a college football player's experience" by having that in the game.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »