Home

Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I love the matchup option and press covering a single receiver through defensive hot routes. Very good ideas. I included them on my wishlist which I'm carrying over from last year. I'll post it soon but it's a looooooooong read.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk24
My biggest suggestion that hasn't already been mentioned is an AD-Mode for Dynasties, a la the Franchise mode in Madden. Instead of being a coach who moves around from school to school, you should have the option of being the Athletic Director, and give the AD the same powers as the Owner would have in Madden's franchise mode.
I like this idea a lot, It's like the "Owner's Mode" from Madden years ago, where you can manage revenue and stadium upgrades and overall state of the program. I do think that the AD mode should be treated like the Coaching Carousel as well, where you have to live up to standards or face the firing squad, and successful AD's can get offers from bigger universities.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #19
Rookie

dlions20's Arena

OVR: 0

there are plenty of things to change we can all agree, heres four that come to mind for me

1. dreads: first off they look awful but second put them on players that have them, when I got the game LaMichael James has dreads and Denard doesnt. Have they ever seen them in real life?

2. weather: agree with the first poster, the rain does not come down at the same speed for the entire 3 hours.

3. depth charts: again like the first poster said, make them different based on the team. Teams have different offenses so adjust the depth chart accordingly. For instance- Texas Teck has the X, Y, Z receivers and no tight end really, yet each year they some on the depth chart.

4. especially in the first week it happens but there are a handful of games that take place during the season at different sites other than one of the teams home stadium. For instance, last year Michigan State played FAU at Ford Field. But in dynasty it will only let you play at Michigan State. I would like either the option of to have them be realistic
Old 07-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #20
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised this hasn't been put into a football game, but when the opposing team has no timeouts, and the game clock is less than the play clock, why do we have to wait until the clock hits 0:00 before the game ends?

I think it would be cool to see the teams coming out onto the field to shake hands as the clock is winding down, like they do in real life.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #21
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dray8theman
3). Edit player models - Give us the 2k engine. Listen I know football players have helmets on and are pretty much covered up with equipment, but the current models are pretty garbage. Let me edit face, head, hair, facial hair, tattoos, etc. Being able to edit your player is much better than those preset models. With editable hair, which will not just be style, but length, we'll have more control in how want our players to look. You wanna nab that pretty boy QB prospect with the golden locks, you can, or that 6'5" 280 beast DL with dreads down to his numbers, it'd be possible. Fully customizable players is the way to go. Gotta bring it in 2013 EA. Please.
I think this is one of the bigger qualms with me. Like I said in the original post, it is almost shameful that a game with over 8000 players included only has about 30 faces for each skin tone. Full customization of players/coaches would make this game incredible to me... but one thing I forgot to include earlier on is the need for revamped player body sizes/shapes. Madden did it this year and I am impressed with how it turned out. The ball needs to be dramatically smaller and the bodies need to be tweaked everso slightly so that we can feel more immersed in the experience of college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

The best ones I've seen are the AD mode, adding FCS and DII schools, and being able to have more than 120 teams. I think since They added (nearly) fully customizable conferences the year after like 8 teams decided to move around, adding more than 120 teams seems like a good bet, since 4 teams (UTSA, Texas St, UMass, and S. Alabama) will be moving up for '13.

Personally, I would be satisfied just getting rid of those cut scenes during game play where the two players high five each other after a first down. When I'm losing and getting pissed at the game, the last thing I want to do is wait for my guys to high five each other before I can resume playing. I know plenty of you want to keep those, and add more, but I would like an option to turn those off for those who don't want them.

Also, if a game isn't nationally televised, why am I hearing Kirk Herbstreit's voice?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #23
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Another thing I think would be cool: Is if they added a sibling angle to Dynasty.

I was thinking about this the other day, there's a few things you could do with it.

• One of your player's brother is a highly touted recruit. Maybe you get a major leg up in recruiting him because he wants to play with his brother, or maybe he has no interest in coming to your school because he doesn't want to follow in his brother's footsteps
  • Maybe you are trying to land a 5* recruit, but in doing so, you have to take on his 2* brother, because they want to go to the same school.
It happens enough in real life, I think it would be a cool wrinkle in the dynasty mode.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

• They need to add more facemasks to choose from for each helmet. Thats a huge thing. Next more choices of sock lengths and make the tape that goes on the shoes look more realistic.
  • They need to update the commentary with Brent Musburger and herbstreit that would give it the feel of a big game.
  • Add FCS teams
  • More in depth recruitng would be an upgrade to the game along with making athletes good at more than one postion.
  • Work on pregames for more teams not every team was coverd for pre game rituals in the 12 game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »