Home

Suggestion for EA: FCS Teams

This is a discussion on Suggestion for EA: FCS Teams within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Suggestion for EA: FCS Teams

The thing about putting FCS teams in the game isn't that it would take up a lot of extra memory space, but that EA has more things to attend to than the FCS schools. Basically the game of NCAA Football is divided into these groups:

1. Casual Gamers
2. Offline Gamers
3. Online Gamers
4. Hardcore Gamers

Casual gamers just play the game every now and then with there buddies for fun.
Offline gamers play the games like Dynasty and RTG often.
Online gamers is pretty self explanitory
Hardcore gamers are the guys that play the game seemingly 24/7 and are the hardest group to please.

The last group would be the players that work in Teambuilder more often than any other mode. I call them the Creative gamers. They are the only group calling for FCS teams so EA isn't going to do much for them when the other 4 groups are complaining about gameplay issues and whatnot. The only reason Teambuilder was even created was because all the groups wanted to create their own schools and so EA appeased them. Until the other groups want FCS teams as well I don't see that happening in the near future.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
How much disk space would they take up? Another 120 (ish) teams is a lot...
I don't know, I'm wondering how much blu-ray space they're using on the PS3 version...

I'm likely to have a totally skewed view on that, as I'm not that much of a computer-programming person. Still, I'd like to be able to play with Montana, Alabama St., Jacksonville St., EWU and App. St. without having to use the poorly executed TeamBuilder website.

Don't get me wrong, TB was a great idea, but for making FCS teams, it is a HUGE letdown...

Sadly, the only way I can ever see FCS teams getting in an NCAA installment is if ESPN shows more than a whopping 4 FCS games a year... It's a market that just isn't being tapped into...
Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

I think EA should do is.....

* Let us edit the FCS teams that are already in the game.

* Let us replace FCS teams with Teambuilder teams.

This allows us to put real FCS teams in the game without losing the FBS teams, and the ability to edit the FCS rosters is a must.

I think this is an easy solution, and would make some people way happier than they are now, without the worries of programming in a whole FCS sub section.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #20
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
JMU-

Let me say a few things.

#1- I would love FCS in the game, absolutely love it. So pen me in that group that wants it.
#2- I don't play online ranked games
#3- I really couldn't care less about online ranked games. I see absolutely no point to them.
I agree on all 3 points. If all the FCS teams were included and you had all 250+ teams to work with in Dynasty and the FCS level had the playoff, I'd start as an OC at the FCS level and probably wind up as a HC only at that level. I'd much rather wind up coaching in the playoffs than a bowl game.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »