Home

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List

I have 3 request.
#1 Expand Coaching Carousel
What NCAA 12 has is a good base. The coaches need to be expanded to have more ratings. This would make the coaches have a great impact in the game just like real life. The ratings should look like this and all on a A+ to D- scale.
Offense: Effects the progression of offensive players, the ability to the offensive players to play up to their ratings, and AI play calling.
Defense: same as the offense rating but for defense.
Recruiting: Effects pitch impact and the ability to land top flight players.
Teaching: Effects progression and players ability to play better in games.
Prestige: Already in the game now
Overall: A average of all the ratings
Turn down the progression a ton. Make OC's/DC's overall drop once they become head coaches.

#2 True Progression
We have needed a new progression system for some time now. There needs to be more then just playing time and the school a player goes to for progression. We need a training system that includes assigning time in areas like:
-Drills: This would improve a player in the area of position specific ratings. EX: Route running or Run blocking footwork
-Film Study: Would improve a players awareness and play rec.
-Endurance: Improve a players ACC, AGL, ELU, and SPD (only like a point or two max over a career.
- Weight Lifting: Would improve a players strength ratings. EX: trucking, break tackle, block shed, & so on.
To make this work right then you would have to base the amount of progression off the coaching staffs ratings, the amount of time invested in the different areas of training, and add a potential rating to each player that only effects how much a player progresses. The potential rating would have zero effect on the players ratings are a cap on how good a player could be but rather how fast a player progresses. This would help reduce the amount of 90+ overall players. You could still sign a player who comes in as a 81ovr but has a C potential and will only increase a few points over a career. The potential rating would be hidden until a player signs. This also could be a rating the user could edit to please all sides.

#3 Improved off season
The addition of a National Signing day where players sign with the school they are going to attended. This would eliminate the in-season hard commits. Players would give a verbal but could still be recruited by other schools. Then on National Signing day you would get a screen of a coaches office and a fax machine. You watch and wait for all the National Letter of Intent to roll in. Once the day is over you can review all the players who sign, class rank, and a maybe one day the addition of a Signing day wrap-up show.
The next addition to the off season should be bringing back the spring game. It was a great way to see what you had for the next year. I miss having those position battles.

Some additional additions/improvements to the dynasty mode
- Early enrollees
- Expanded player edits to include everything you can edit outside the dynasty mode
- Rosters you can edit via a computer
- The ability to edit recruiting classes in the pre-season
- The ability to edit every teams rosters, depth charts, and coaches inside the dynasty mode
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

College gameday plllllllzzzzzzz
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Like most everyone here I would like to see dynasty become more of an experience rather than just another game mode.

I would like to see sanctions be brought back, these were a nice feature and in this era of college football they are a must to have in the game. Players should have an on field and off field character rating that determines the frequency that they get in trouble.

I would also like to see the ability to have control over off season training. I know there is a period of time where coaches are not allowed to be with the team, but it is the head coaches team, I know he has some input on the off season training program. You should be able to choose if you want to put emphasis on speed, strength, skill, or a combination of them. Furthermore, the players should have greater weight increase. Ya a DE might come in as a freshman at 195lbs. but in the SEC you better believe he's going to increase his weight more than 3lbs a year witch is currently the max I believe.

The recruiting system should also be Modified. Instead of having pitch and sway pitch, you should be able to choose a style that you want to sway. Say You are recruiting an out of state player and his proximity to home pitch is low, you wouldn't pitch or sway pitch that, you would want to say something like, "Maybe you want to get away from home to start your life, at our school you'll be able to get away from that." (I'm no recruiter, but you see where I'm coming from).

There needs to be more presentation specific to dynasty. Magazine covers like there used to be and articles that actually talk about the match up and maybe talk about the history of the game or talk about keys to the game.

Also, and I've said this a few times, but I really want a Senior day. I want to see the seniors run on the field for their last home game. I'm not sure about you guys, but when I play I remember when those players were just freshmen and I want to see all their accomplishments chronicled as they progress through their careers, culminating with them being recognized before the kickoff of their last home game.

To go along with the chronicling of players, there should be team leaderboards instead of just record holders so you can see how all of your players stacked up against each other during their respective careers. Last, The shrine room should make a comeback so you can see all of the individual and team trophies that you have earned in your dynasty.

These are some of my ideas for dynasty, if you have feedback I'd like to hear it.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Another thing to add to CC, Import Coaches to Madden. I think this is about due since in the past few years we have seen Charlie Weis, Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh leave for the NFL. Not sure how it would work, but maybe in the list of job offers, you see all the schools that are interested than you see something that says... "NFL Team." If you choose that option your coach along with other coaches are imported and in the off-season on Madden your asked if you would like to Import Coaches and you say yes and the college coach is added to the list of Available Coaches.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Make the non-qualifiers come back as JC players and fix transfers... Side note: The game has JC guys who are SO but for the life of me I can't think of any in real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #22
Rookie

tahjimoto's Arena

OVR: 2

AUTHENTIC COLLEGE NUMBERS
Dynasty is great this year the only gripe I have is that recruits for dynasty don’t get true to college jersey numbers so after year 4 of dynasty you’re stuck with a bunch of WR #80-89 and LB #50-59. Florida State is a perfect example of what I’m talking about on their team alone there are linebackers # 48,11,13,22 and 7. I suggest they remove number restrictions on generated recruits. >>
Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHSheadhunter09
Make the non-qualifiers come back as JC players and fix transfers... Side note: The game has JC guys who are SO but for the life of me I can't think of any in real life
I completely agree with the bolded suggestion.

For the "side note," I can't think of many, but I know there are JUCO sophs. Allen Patrick was a JUCO sophomore Safety. Transferred to OU, and switched to RB. Jeremy Shockey was a JUCO sophomore as well. Played TE at NEO, then transferred to Miami where he played two seasons, then entered the draft after his junior season.

So, it happens, but perhaps not to the SO/JR ratio the video game has it.

Since this is a wishlist, I'd like to add that "JUCO" desperately needs to be a recruiting search filter. It's an arduous process cycling through the database in search of only a handful of JUCOs out of thousands of freshmen. JUCOs are the lifeblood of my team when I'm building a 1 or 2-star program. At the very least, they could create a JUCO Top 50 list to cycle through similar to the "Sparq Top 100" list.

Speaking of search filters, for the most part I only use maybe 2 or 3; Interested, Pipeline, or Position. In addition to a JUCO filter, they need to take the filters under the current "Recruit Plan" where you can adjust each position group that you want the CPU to recruit for you based on tendencies i.e. QB - pocket passer, balanced, or scrambler, and put those in the search filter in place of ideal height, weight, and 40 time. Does anybody even use those? Seriously.

Anyway, I will post an off-season dynasty wishlist later.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #24
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

All of the suggestions listed above sound good to me. But how about this EA...how about you release a game that isn't filled with so many bugs? Now all the stuff associated with custom playbooks/conferences/RtG are understandable, those are new additions and they're going to be new to everyone (including the devs) so there is bound to be bugs. But the roster glitch, the game constantly freezing, etc...is completely unacceptable. I can't enjoy a game because every time I get to the 4th Quarter, the game freezes. I was playing Iowa State with Mizzou as an OC and was up 22-20 with 5:00 left in the 4th when BOOM the game freezes. I don't understand how EA can go from releasing multiple games that don't freeze to releasing a game that freezes in what seems like every other game. I for one would rather see EA re-hash NCAA 12 in NCAA 13 with maybe one or two new features and have it release with less bugs than have them add a whole bunch of new features and have it be riddled with bugs making gameplay unrealistic and unenjoyable.

**END RANT**

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »