Home

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wish List

I wish JUCO players would have their own recruiting section. Or a search feature and weeds them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some of these are things I really really want and some are just small ideas that I had that aren't huge deals but would be cool.

Invited Walk-Ons
A recruiting option below "Offer Scholarship"...It says "Invite as Walk-on"
This is a huge part of CFB and would enhance the dynasty experience

80-85 Man Rosters
If 80, then have 75 scholarships available, if 85 then have 80 etc...In real life there are close to 100 players on each team and 85 of them are scholarship players.

Traveling Team
This would only be relevant with expanded rosters but lets say the rosters were at 85 you'd only take 70 on the road with you.

The "Masoli/Paulus" Transfer
Guys who get their degree can transfer and play immediately

JuCo Recruiting Section
Speaks for itself

Prep players who can leave as sophomores
LeSean McCoy and others have left as a true sophomore because they went to a 5th year Prep

and obviously the essentials such as
Spring Game
Neutral Sites
Adding Teambuilder teams middway thru dynasty
Old 08-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHSheadhunter09
Make the non-qualifiers come back as JC players and fix transfers... Side note: The game has JC guys who are SO but for the life of me I can't think of any in real life
Just since you mentioned this, Tennessee signed 3 JUCO guys this year and all three are SO.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #28
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised there isn't a recruiting pitch something along the lines of "Conference Performance" or "Record vs. Rivals in conference"

Especially when you're fighting with teams in your conference for a guy.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I came in to basically say every thing that was in the first post but now all I'll say is well done sir!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #30
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

SPRING GAME!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

My off-season recruiting wishlist...

I'd like for there to be an option of "in-depth recruiting." I say option because some people think there's too much already. So, this is how I'd break the recruiting modes down...

Freshman Level - The CPU recruits for you. At the end of the season, the CPU randomly selects commits based on how your team performed and their prestige in the given year.

All-Conference - The standard user-controlled 5 week post-season recruiting only.

All-American - The existing setup: In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting.

Heisman - In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting + off-season recruiting.

In real life, there are 4 types of recruiting periods set by the NCAA: Quiet, Evaluation, Contact, and Dead periods. For the purposes of this post, I'll only be using the Quiet and Evaluation periods as it pertains to off-season recruiting.

Quiet Period = Coaches are allowed to call recruits (and offer scholarships). Recruits can visit coaches, but can only do so at the coaches' respective colleges (i.e. unofficial visit).

Evaluation Period = Assistant Coaches are permitted to visit recruits off-campus (as well as make calls and scholarship offers).

The off-season recruiting calendar set by the NCAA is as follows...

February 4th (the day after Signing Day) - April 14th = Quiet Period
April 15th - May 31st = Evaluation Period
June 1st - July 31st = Quiet Period

Here's what I'm suggesting with Heisman mode (off-season) recruiting...

Off-season Tasks

February 3rd
- Signing Day
- Next season's Top 100 Recruits 'Watch' List released
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Junior Day Event
- Recruiting: Select Prospects for Recruit Board
(Advance to next period)

February 4th - April 14th (Quiet Period)
- Spring Position Changes (including early enrollees)
- Spring Depth Chart (Divvy up reps to each position group by percentage points totaling 100%)
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Spring Game
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers permitted
- Spring Game (option to play or sim)
(Advance to next period)

April 15th - May 31st (Evaluation Period)
- Training Results (including early enrollees)
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Summer Football Camp
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Off-Campus Coach Visits permitted (this period only)
(Advance to next period)

June 1st - July 31st (Quiet Period)
- Official Top 100 Recruits List released
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers
- Summer Position Changes (including non-early enrollees who have now arrived on campus as well as walk-ons)
(Advance to next period)

August (Pre-season Tasks)
- Pre-season Depth Chart
- Redshirts
- Cut Players
- Schedule Changes
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Official Visits now permitted (beginning of Contact Period)
- Begin Season
(Advance to regular season)

NOTE: Junior Day, Spring Game, and Summer Camps are all unofficial visits i.e. prospects randomly attend based on interest level and/or location.

The spring depth chart is applicable to determining training results. It's a risk/reward scenario. If you give one player all of the reps, you risk injury, but will be rewarded with the maximum training progression. However, if a player(s) gets zero or very little reps, you risk players transferring, or the minimum amount of training progression.

The current off-season tasks as of NCAA 2011 features 5 advancements (Signing Day / Position Changes / Training Results / Cut Players / Pre-season Tasks). The example I have given of an in-depth off-season recruiting also has 5 advancements. However, there are now 4 additional recruiting opportunities, a Spring Game, and 2 opportunities for Position Changes (Spring and Summer). Ideally, though, I wouldn't have position changes limited to off-season only. I think it should be available throughout the regular season as an option just like depth chart.

One last thing. The spring game DOES NOT determine off-season training. Practice does. And practice is simulated by setting the rep percentage of your players in spring depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

While I don't agree with limiting a guys potential with a rating, I agree that training needs to be completely revamped. As of right now I don't even see a point for the offseason screen other than trying to sell us something. Ideally, we need to be able to tell a guy to bulk up, lose weight or stay roughly the same. And the universal stats (SPD, AGI, STR, etc) shouldn't change that much unless a guy dramatically shifts weight. Saying that, most of the offseason training needs to be position specific abilities, and if a guy switches from a position to one he has never played he needs to jump dramatically in those categories (Ideally somehow tied to a coach rating). A lot of position changes have to do with a guys natural athleticism and body size and very little with position specific skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »