Home

NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

1 they need to have REAL players on the sidelines
2 I think they should have alternative camera angles for team intros so it's not always the same exact view for every game
3 I think EA did a fairly good job trying to put more college tradition into the game with the new team intros, but they neglected to put in a tradition that all College teams share, Senior Day. I think it would be very cool to see all of my seniors run onto the field and greet the coach, etc. before the last game of their senior year. I feel like this would add more realism and make dynasty more of an experience. thoughts?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers17
3 I think EA did a fairly good job trying to put more college tradition into the game with the new team intros, but they neglected to put in a tradition that all College teams share, Senior Day. I think it would be very cool to see all of my seniors run onto the field and greet the coach, etc. before the last game of their senior year. I feel like this would add more realism and make dynasty more of an experience. thoughts?
I really like that idea. It's cool to see all the seniors come out and give the rose to their mom and shake their dad's hand. It would be cool if this was incorporated into dynasty mode.

Maybe have a stat overlay of their career games started and other stats. You wouldn't even have to do it for all seniors on the roster. Maybe just the starters, or some top performing seniors.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 07-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Here are a few of my ideas:

HOMECOMING

-It would be cool to designate a week as homecoming which could result in an extra boost if you have recruits visit on that date. Or maybe even an extra negative hit is you lose the game.

-More natural feeling stat overlays. Seeing the QB's line as they walk up to the line, season standings, Bowl Eligibility and speculation, historical records vs. opponents, last date teams met, etc. etc.

-The commentary should be redone from the ground up, honestly. It was awesome in 2002 but now feels stale. Especially compared to the commentary present in MLB The Show 11 which is incredibly deep and varied.

-Bring back untelevised games without announcers or even more fun: Radio only games where you modulate the announcers to make it sound like a radio broadcast. Pointless but fun.

-Improve the Stadia and give us more cool shots from above or other dramatic angles in between plays. I'm so sick of the mascots during cutscenes already and the stadium adds to the feel of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Rookie

lancedirk13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13 Presentation Wish List

Kaiser Wilhelm - "Can we get the self promotion out of the game PLEASE! We all know you guys made the game. We complain about it every year, stop rubbing it in."

This. I'm so glad someone else said this. Seriously, I've said this for a couple years now. During the games, the ESPN scorebox looks so good. Then they ruin it with a big ugly white EA logo directly to the left of it. Look EA, we know you made the game. No one need to be reminded. Simply scrapping that logo would improve the presentation so much.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Fizzer's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree completely.

Personally, I want the game to feel exactly like a Broadcast. I want more ESPN overlays, more "Broadcast" camera angles, etc.

The team entrances are okay, but I don't know how you're supposed to feel about them. They don't feel like a broadcast, and they also don't feel like you're on the field with the team. Frankly, they're just kinda weird.

I think there should be different play modes. Maybe something like:

NORMAL MODE: How things are now.
BROADCAST MODE: More stat overlays, standard camera angles, more commentator action
FIELD MODE: Less overlays, more on-the-field camera angles, less commentator action, louder stadium sound effects (this actually needs to be improved overall as well)

Personally, this is more of what I want to see. Also, like someone else said, although it's probably asking too much, it'd be pretty awesome to play big games with ESPN crews, Big Ten games with Big Ten Network crews, SEC games with CBS crews, BCS games with Fox crews. Even a small step in that direction would be better. I would even pay for this feature as a downloadable extra. Hell, I'd pay for any of these features as downloadable extras.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

1. Get Tennessee running through the T into the game.
2. Fix the crowd. It sounds like they are dead. Homefield advantage should mean something.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #15
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I think student sections should be more prominent in the game. At every stadium you play at, the student section should be easily identifiable (the entire section standing, NOT sitting down, and possibly a more unified look to the color. Not ALL one color, but more so than the rest of the stadium)

I think I see a poor excuse for student sections in some stadiums now, but like I said, they should be easy to spot. And if the student section is in a particular endzone (like Minnesota), it should be tougher for the visitors to play near that endzone.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Rookie

tahjimoto's Arena

OVR: 2

AUTHENTIC COLLEGE NUMBERS
Dynasty is great this year the only gripe I have is that recruits for dynasty don’t get true to college jersey numbers so after year 4 of dynasty you’re stuck with a bunch of WR #80-89 and LB #50-59. Florida State is a perfect example of what I’m talking about on their team alone there are linebackers # 48,11,13,22 and 7. I suggest they remove number restrictions on generated recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »