Home

NCAA Football 13 Road to Glory Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Road to Glory Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 13 Road to Glory Wish List

I would love the ability to turn commentary on/off for your rtg games... If it were up to me I'd have it on all the time, but I know some people just want the "on field" experience. I want to feel like I'm a big time player, and have Brad f'kin Nessler tell me I am. I don't want to have to look at my stats just to remind myself that I'm the best whatever in the country..

Last edited by t2jBird; 11-19-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #26
Rookie

TeeJay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
Allow us to play any position in the game.
Totally agreed I actually like to play as a punter/kicker. One more thing it should be way harder to become a starter, I've seen people sign as a 4th string and make it to first string there freshman year, this just makes the game unrealistic to me. And for the Sparq combines not just give a score let the player actually compete in certain drills. And also injuries, make it more realistic, make it so that the player gets injured for a couple of weeks or sometimes maybe for a whole season.

Last edited by TeeJay; 11-22-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
Rookie

fghkjh's Arena

OVR: 1

One more little thing that is stupid and annoying is the nickname of the high school team. My high school's nickname is the Wolves. The first game the endzone said we were the Blazers and in the second game we are now the Fury.
How can something like that not be corrected by EA?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #28
Rookie

My favorite position to play on the game is Corner Back, but it's hard to be successful in high school because they never throw your way. You should get points for being able to shut down the opponent.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #29
Rookie

XGARNE9646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
I would love the ability to turn commentary on/off for your rtg games... If it were up to me I'd have it on all the time, but I know some people just want the "on field" experience. I want to feel like I'm a big time player, and have Brad f'kin Nessler tell me I am. I don't want to have to look at my stats just to remind myself that I'm the best whatever in the country..
you can do tht
Old 12-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #30
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Yeh, clearly the first things that need to be improved are the glitches and I really think custom quarter length is a must. Getting 9 carries in a football game just isn't realistic and I feel I'm cheating by choosing a run play as much as often when I have everything unlocked.

Really I'm not a fan of the way your attributes increase by buying packages. If anyone has ever played the Road to the Show on MLB, that is the best way to improve attributes, very similar to an RPG. You earn points from performing well in Games and Practices. Also since RTG is so much faster than the Show as far as playing a season goes, it's time to make practice fun.

-Go back to 5 practices a week but this time we will actually enjoy it.

-You still have 10 plays that you run each practice that is at the end.

-Drills, this is a way to improve a particular set of attributes, you choose one each practice, these are all mini-games that were once in NCAA or Madden and there would also be some new mini-games introduced. The choices would of course depend on what position you play. So if you are a RB you could choose Oklahoma which would give you (Carrying, Strength, Truck, BC Vision, etc) or you might choose an Agility drill where you must use the juke stick (unless it doesn't work again in 13) or spin move to avoid defenders and try to score a TD. Games like these would be fun.

-Also the increases in attributes needs to be a lot like the Show where there is a bar that you have to fill before you actually move up a point so it will take longer to improve.

-You will receive more points during games, these points can be used towards any attribute(s) you choose, again like the Show.

I think this system is the most rewarding because it takes a lot of work to develop your player. Your performance during games and practices will be the ultimate factor of how good a player you are.

Now I have one last idea that I am curious if anyone else would like it. I played college football and I know how demanding it is because it is not just football which is pretty much your job, you have to be a student too. I'm not saying there should be tests but I think there should be a fatigue effect towards each game depending on what you did during the week. It's a little bit like RTG was before where you choose an activity each day. But weight lifting in college is not an option but how hard you work is. So you could go Hard, Normal, or Easy each would bring a different amount of points towards certain attributes but if you go Hard it will take off a lot on your stamina bar for that day effecting your practice. Your last option is your late night activity which might include studying (Hard, Normal, Easy), or skipping that to go out, or you could rest which would raise a lot of stamina that you lost for the day. Now you have to take in account that you are a Student-Athlete and really manage your schedule, are you going to give everything towards football and fight to stay eligible or are you going to devote yourself to being a great student.

This would really bring strategy into it, especially when you get to your Junior or Senior year. Is your GPA high enough that you can slack off those last few semesters because you know you are going to leave after your Junior year? Some people may not like this idea, but again it was only an idea.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #31
Rookie

fghkjh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Yeh, clearly the first things that need to be improved are the glitches and I really think custom quarter length is a must. Getting 9 carries in a football game just isn't realistic and I feel I'm cheating by choosing a run play as much as often when I have everything unlocked.

Really I'm not a fan of the way your attributes increase by buying packages. If anyone has ever played the Road to the Show on MLB, that is the best way to improve attributes, very similar to an RPG. You earn points from performing well in Games and Practices. Also since RTG is so much faster than the Show as far as playing a season goes, it's time to make practice fun.

-Go back to 5 practices a week but this time we will actually enjoy it.

-You still have 10 plays that you run each practice that is at the end.

-Drills, this is a way to improve a particular set of attributes, you choose one each practice, these are all mini-games that were once in NCAA or Madden and there would also be some new mini-games introduced. The choices would of course depend on what position you play. So if you are a RB you could choose Oklahoma which would give you (Carrying, Strength, Truck, BC Vision, etc) or you might choose an Agility drill where you must use the juke stick (unless it doesn't work again in 13) or spin move to avoid defenders and try to score a TD. Games like these would be fun.

-Also the increases in attributes needs to be a lot like the Show where there is a bar that you have to fill before you actually move up a point so it will take longer to improve.

-You will receive more points during games, these points can be used towards any attribute(s) you choose, again like the Show.

I think this system is the most rewarding because it takes a lot of work to develop your player. Your performance during games and practices will be the ultimate factor of how good a player you are.

Now I have one last idea that I am curious if anyone else would like it. I played college football and I know how demanding it is because it is not just football which is pretty much your job, you have to be a student too. I'm not saying there should be tests but I think there should be a fatigue effect towards each game depending on what you did during the week. It's a little bit like RTG was before where you choose an activity each day. But weight lifting in college is not an option but how hard you work is. So you could go Hard, Normal, or Easy each would bring a different amount of points towards certain attributes but if you go Hard it will take off a lot on your stamina bar for that day effecting your practice. Your last option is your late night activity which might include studying (Hard, Normal, Easy), or skipping that to go out, or you could rest which would raise a lot of stamina that you lost for the day. Now you have to take in account that you are a Student-Athlete and really manage your schedule, are you going to give everything towards football and fight to stay eligible or are you going to devote yourself to being a great student.

This would really bring strategy into it, especially when you get to your Junior or Senior year. Is your GPA high enough that you can slack off those last few semesters because you know you are going to leave after your Junior year? Some people may not like this idea, but again it was only an idea.
I totally agree that RTG has it right when it comes to improving your player. I would like to see positive and negative impacts on the coach trust and improvement points. I think games played on national TV and against rivals could also be worth double points and have off the field implications that would take your time away from resting or studying or working out, but would improve exposure (if you are a star you have interviews from local media or those features during College Gameday).
I definitely feel the same way about grades needing to be part of the game...it is COLLEGE football. Having to allocate your time is a major part of being in college and should be factored into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #32
Rookie

Re: NCAA 13 Road to Glory Wish List

College life
Add tests to keep up gpas. Walks around campus. Maybe other activities :P...i would love some basketball. Classes but shortened...by a lot. Bring back the practices almosts everyday. Bring in Spring games, off season activities.

Gameplay
Be able to play longer quarters. Fix the times, meaning if I play a 15 minute quarter game make it more realistic. If you play 15 minute quarters usually you can go for 60-70 points. Tweak the option runs a little. In my experience, you either get stuffed or get a 10-huge gain. I think the super sim NEEDS....NEEDS to be IMPROVED. The super sim is horrible. I was once playing a game where they scored a kick off return, and then twice forced a fumble for a touchdown....IN A ROW. The dbs need to be upgraded to. REDSHIRTS ANYONE?

ADD MORE FRICKIN FACES. ADD SOME ASIANS TO. GEEZ SOME RESPECT. =)

Recruiting
I would also like to see a more school involved recruiting system. I like the dynasty recruiting and i would like a kind of that recruiting. Choose top ten schools and wait for them to contact you. This is a long ball but if this was added, It would be AWESOME. Tour campuses

Interaction
Put some personal interaction into the game. This is again a long ball but an example is: be able to run your player out of the gate. I think a minor change is to make only the captains do the coin toss. Bring back the dorm room from ncca 10, with the computer, trophy case, etc. Maybe make tests to determine gpas weekly. Make a few for different age groups for example 3-5 grade 6-8 grade etc. If you get rid of the skill upgrades, bring back the after school activities for 1-2 points bumped up in a category either neccessary or un neccessary for your position. Bring back a show like the erin andrews one. Maybe add magazine covers for the headlines.

High School
I think you should be able to play a whole high school career. If this is not favorable then at least the junior year. You would not be recruited in your first 3 years but your caliber will be be determined. Then when you get to your senior year, you will be rated as a 1*-5*. Make the quarters 12 minutes like a normal high school game. Make the season a normal season length for maximized realism.

jucos? fcs? i would love to see this impossible thing happen =)

Last edited by mrw0505; 12-27-2011 at 01:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »