Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #73
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

1. Gameplay
a.
Continue to eliminate skating and suction of players on the virtual field of play.
b. Is there any way to make the players and field of play more proportional? I feel it's way off. The player models should be much smaller and this would probably open up the passing game. To a lesser extent there wouldn't be so many super linebackers.
c. Keep adding canned animations, we need more!
d. Try to get rid of some things like DB reaction or running the WR route. DB coverage ability should be based off of stats not some sort of cheat mode to even the game up.
e. Personally I'm still waiting for a true pocket by the offensive line and more control of my defensive lineman before I get sucked into the offensive lineman.
f. My wish for years has been an AUTO QB EVADE/AWARNESS type attribute so that on pass plays I can concentrate on the downfield coverage. If you have a scrambling or balanced QB and he takes off past the line of scrimmage the controller will rumble letting you know you have full control of the QB past the line of scrimmage.
g. Game physics!!! Height and weight of players should mean something. As it currently stands ratings of players are the only things that matter.
h. Interior defensive lineman taking up double teams freeing up linebackers to make more plays.
i. More physical play with WR/DB interation downfield not just at the line of scrimmage. This would help with calls such as defensive holding (needs to be added to the game/ a huge defensive penalty in football and it's a game changer especially for example, on 3rd and longs) and pass interference calls.
j. Better ball tradjectory on passing.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #74
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Everything related to pass defense needs major fixing.

1. Lose the psychic DBs and mirrored-routes from the DB. This is infuriating.
2. WR/DB interaction needs a huge improvement.
3. Fix the DB "breadbasket catch" issue from '12. Make them aware that there's a WR near them and that they need to swat the ball down and not try to make a breadbasket catch all the time like they're having a catch in the backyard.
4. Get rid of jump-the-snap, it was never a good feature and not it's extremely played out.
5. Make both WR and DBs have to look to find the ball. The 'eyes in the back of the head' for both has gotten old over the years.

Reasons 1 & 3 are why I gave up on '12 so quickly. The game was unplayable because of those issues IMO. At the very least #3 absolutely has to be fixed for '13.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Better downfield blocking by OL on screens (Throwing cut blocks at legs and engaging faster... It seems like the animation to block doesn't trigger until they hit a certain point, letting defenders walk right past them)

Not taking the first man to cross a guys face on run plays leaving guys completely unblocked on pulls and traps

Disengaging before the RB even crosses the LOS and not even attempting to re-engage

Adding cut blocks on quick interior passes

Implementing how a line should set up in pass protection (IE: in the system I'm most familiar with: The backside would be manned up on DL with the RB taking any blitz and the playside would slide out assignments with the OT taking the furthest man from the center and working inwards, so if there was a DT, an DE and a LB from the edge the OT takes the LB, G takes the DE and C takes the DT... No one is necessarily matched up man to man though, they are guarding an area, so if the LB and DE twist they all just slide into place and the OT and G swap... The backside G on the DT over him and the backside OT on his DE with the RB left to pick up anyone else)...

They need to just hire a former OL to teach them how it should actually be...

Last edited by EHSheadhunter09; 12-07-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

as far as movement, motions, and any sort of actions really, ea sports looks as though they have never actually watched a football game before. they need to take notes from 2k sports, all pro football 2k8 puts ncaa 12 to shame as far as physical movement is concerned. how can a 5 year old game that got discontinued be further along than this franchise? it makes no sense. i get a bit of laziness from the designers of this game. for example, they managed to leave the academic all american option on road to glory...at what point during ncaa 12 do you have any control over the work done in the classroom? its pure laziness.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #77

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

-footplanting
-better ball trajectory
-better WR/DB animations
-have WR/DB attack the ball in the air, right now they just play a animation and hope it falls in their hands.
-better o-line/d-line play
-more physics based tackling(speed,weight,momentum,strength,point of impact)
-better throwing animations, plus multiple.
-LBs respect the laws of physics
-get rid of players going for catches when they never even looked at the ball
-back shoulder throw
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #78
Rookie

Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
More emphasis on special teams. Ala Virginia Tech.

Bigger roster sizes

Spring games

Change the depth charts or let us customize them. Some teams don't use a fb. Or many teams use fb/te hybrids. Don't just list WR and CB in order. Give WR different positions.
SE, FL, Slot for WR
RC and LC for CB
Mike, Will, Sam for LB
NT, DT, RE and LE for the DL

More realistic penalty percentages
Reply:

I love the idea of putting the position types in, but EA will never add it cuz it would scare off casual gamers. do you really think that a 11 year old playing this game know what a split end is? but this wold be a cool feature
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #79
Rookie

Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzurick
Reply:

I love the idea of putting the position types in, but EA will never add it cuz it would scare off casual gamers. do you really think that a 11 year old playing this game know what a split end is? but this wold be a cool feature
Exactly. There's a number of kinda small things that could be done to improve the game but because it might make it a bit less enjoyable for the casual gamer the chances of it being done are small.

However, I don't think anyone would complain with the overall gameplay being made better. That's the most important thing. There's a ton of things that I would love to see added to this game, but I honestly don't want more features until the current issues are solved.

Oh yeah, speaking of realistic penalty percentages. Has anyone picked their play [on offense], and as your team is lining up there is a flag and the defense gets called for encroachment? So random. Like your team will just be walking up to the line.

As a completely random rant. Am I the only person annoyed that sometimes you'll punt the ball perfectly down to the like 5 yard line and it will barely be rolling but have enough steam to touch the endzone for a touchback, and even though you've got somebody down there they wont down it? I mean I guess you can switch players but I always forget during punts.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #80
Rookie

away that players can add their saved roster names of old along side the real current names example instead of typing an all fsu all american team there has to be a way to add all the name to a pool of current name file the computer make ups to be recruited each year

bring back the d2 schools

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »