Home

A Plea to EA for NCAA 13: Overhaul Sliders

This is a discussion on A Plea to EA for NCAA 13: Overhaul Sliders within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
A Plea to EA for NCAA 13: Overhaul Sliders

There are a lot of positives in this year's game that show progress, just as there are negatives that show some places they were overlooked, but IMO one of the biggest things that needs to be changed for NCAA 13 is sliders nad how they work.

Now, sliders in NCAA 12 and previous versions have worked decently. You can manuever them to get the game you want but oftentimes it's puzzling as to how they seem to work and it doesn't seem as though theres clear divisions between every notch on the slider scales.

If there's one thing that I would love to see, would be for EA to take a page out of 2k's book. In NBA 2k11, for example, if I set 3 point shooting to 100, I'm going to make just about every 3-point shot within reason. If I set dunking to 0, I'm going to miss nearly every dunk I attempt.

Give me sliders that are instead of being on gradients of 5 like in the past, now on 1-00 with every number being a new notch.

If I have the INT slider or the RB Ability slider at 100, then the ball should be picked off nearly every time they touch it, or the RB should break just about every tackle there is.

If I have the INT slider at 0, and the RB ability at 0, then they should have stone hands and never pick the ball off, and the RB should fumble it nearly every time or get tackled nearly every time.

On another note, I think more sliders are necessary. RB Ability? Just what does that entail? It would be great to get seperate sliders for finesse moves, power moves, carrying, break tackle ability just for one example.

Overall, I like NCAA 12. It has its flaws and its glitches but I'm having fun playing through my coaching career where I'm currently the head coach at Ohio State. But I would love to see some overhaul on the slider front to see things made more user friendly in these parts and give us further control over the game.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A Plea to EA for NCAA 13: Overhaul Sliders

Moving to Wishlist Forum.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree on the 1-100 scale. I have never understood how I could set QB ACC at 0 and still complete 60% of my passes. I should be seeing my QB throw the ball all over the place. The sliders have always been lacking since the move to the 360/PS3 systems. Each level should effect the AI, not giving the cpu or human users a boost, but improved play calling. Then the sliders should be the thing that gives players the positive or negative effect.

Example: RB ability slider set at 60 then the ball carriers should be juking, spinning, and stiff arming every where. Then bump that slider down to 43 and the ball carrier makes those moves now and then

In basketball games you can tune the 3pt slider to a 53, just a 3 point increase from default, and average 3pt shooters will hit 25% but great 3pt shooters will hit 40%. We should see that kind of slider effect in the NCAA series.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey ea how about telling us EXACTLY what sliders control? I know on the outside what they do but hidden deep in the coding, when I change a slider what ALL is it really changing?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Christian (Bumble14OS) is working on getting this from EA. I asked him about it this week.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »