Home

blkkrptnt819 Wish List

This is a discussion on blkkrptnt819 Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
blkkrptnt819 Wish List

I would be all for you removing One Button Mode, Mascot Mash Up for more room. Actually I just want you to remove them and bring back the mini games. And if you are not making money of Season Showdown remove it too. Also don't be afraid to use the Halo model and have content download to the hard drive.

Duplicate number for offensive and defensive players

Transferable Dynasty: The game play would be the same as the new version but the rosters and recruits (promises also) would carry over from previous version. I for one am very invested in a previous dynasty and I have to start over because a new version of the game comes out?!?! And start this from about “08 and then make it year to year.

And fix the substitution problem!!!! Why does my RB come up missing in the clutch 4th quarter drive?

Finish off Coaching Carousel and give ratings that affect the players on the field and allow us to pick our co-coordinators as a HC

Finish off Custom Playbooks and allow us to pick our 4 formation audibles.

Bring back the HFA Camera Shake and base the ability of the QB to call hot routes, formation audibles and audibles on composure. Sometimes the crowd, in a big situation, should force the other team to call a timeout. Also crowd noise is automatic, not about how fast you can push some button. In big situations the crowd should be at fever pitch.

Positional Improvements

Player Profiles: Can you have generic Player Profiles for each position? Some positions would require more than others but I think this with everything else suggested would allow the game to go to the next level.

“QB Styles: Pro-Style, All-Around, Spread Pass, Spread Run, Athletic (Different than Spread Run in that QB is a pure Athlete, lacking awareness or understanding of scheme.)

RB Styles: All-Around, Athletic (Lacks RB Skills but has better physical Stats), Scat Back, Contact Back, Receiving Back, Blocking Back (usually FB types)

WR/TE Styles: Athletic, Deep Threat, Big Body, Possession (Differs from Big Body in that the WR/TE uses more receiving skill as opposed to physical strength or size to create completions on short routes. Route running and Hands will be higher but strength and vertical will be lower.)
Blocking (more for a TE than receiver)

OL- Positions will be selected but styles will be the same Quick, Bulldozer/Roadkill, All Around, Smart (Lineman will be able to get to the assignments and know the assignments better than any other lineman. Very useful in a spread offense predicated on speedy backs that only need a crease.)

DL Styles: Big Body, Athletic (Ndamukong Suh anyone?), Speed Rush, All Around, Power

LB Styles: Athletic, Run Stop, Pass Rush (3-4), Coverage, All Around, Tackler

DB Styles: Bump and Run, Ball Hawk, Hard Hitting, Athletic, All Around, Tackling (More for a S than CB), Coverage

Bring in the tendencies, confidence and composure from the Madden series. I think this will help with the simulation loss issues and also make it so you have to make a choice when you have a senior player who is not as talented but is very composed as opposed to the young gun with the talent but lacks the experience.

QB: Accuracy, there should be more touch on a ball. I have not once in this game been able to throw a back shoulder pass or a flag route that was out in front of a WR. There also should be many different throwing angles. They should also have the ability to throw a jump ball not just a floater that takes forever to come down and you can never get set up quite right underneath it.

RB: Difference between big back and small back running styles. The game basically runs everybody like a balanced back.

WR: Please catch balls that are thrown right to you and even more frustrating is throwing a ball and the receiver not even go for it. I have hit my receiver in the side of the helmet numerous times and they still won’t put their hands up. They don’t fight for the ball at all! Also give WR the ability to control jumping and strafing for a jump ball.

OL/FB/TE Blocking: My fullback does not pick up LB blitzes on runs and goes and blocks nobody in particular. Also OL don’t pick up 3-4 OLB blitzing very well. Also they don’t try to go to the second level. Sometimes zone blocking works well but on runs there is usually assignment blocking and I would love if my guard and center don’t double team a DT and let a blitzing LB right through. Also allow for different blocking animations (high hat pass, Low Hat run). Give me the option for either zone blocking or assignment blocking.

Defense:

Man coverage needs a lot of work. The CPU runs my route for me or they bump me 10-15 yards down field. And when my team is in coverage they let slower WR burn me by 10 yards or the totally lose me when they make a cut. These are high 90 AWR, M Cov. CB that this is happening to against 70 something, slow WRs. The ineffectiveness of my D-Line is laughable. My DE gets rag dolled by a terrible tackle on the regular. Those superman jumps that LBs and DL gets are absolutely outrageous. And I have rarely seen a speed back caught from behind by a middle linebacker while in full stride but it happens often on here. If you do this because this is one way to avoid the speed massacres of NCAA 2009 then I understand completely. I have also seen DT running right behind my running back. I only recruit B+ and above speed and acc RBs. And tackling should not be this awful. Every 3rd down I should not miss three tackles.

Special Teams: Punt Blocking is absolutely awful!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do something about this because it can’t be this hard. You may need to loosen up kickoff coverage a little bit. And I have not blocked a kick either. Special teams have become very unspecial.

Physics System: Weigh should matter, me putting a 330lb NT should cause problems, also 160lb RBs should not move the pile against 2 DL and a MLB. A physics system would take this game to the next level.

Playbooks and Strategy
Allow us to press cover one receiver. “Just give us option to choose this if we want to:
Strong safety always on strong side: YES/NO
Weak/Strong side linebackers: YES/NO,
Weak/Strong side defensive end: YES/NO,
Weak/Strong Side CB: YES/NO
Nose tackle: YES/NO,
Stand Up End In 4-Man Fronts: NO/LE/RE/BOTH/SSE/WSE,

Make the depth chart by the positional choices we choose. Also allow us to make our own positions, make the criteria for that position (e.g. Hybrid which for me is a hybrid OLB/S, I would make the criteria for the position, OLB, SS, FS) and have a depth chart based on the positions we make and choose. Also allow me to schematically place these positions in my defense for every formation I run (e.g. My “Hybrid” would take the position of my Will LB in 4-3 and my Nickel back in Nickel). Also allow me to have a depth chart for each position in every formation. Also allow you to always match DB on WR and LB or S on TE by name in a game strategy menu of some type. Some people like to move their best receiver around to get favorable match ups on secondary DBs.

For offense allow for slot receiver depth chart. Some WR I only want to play the slot. Also make a depth chart for each position in each formation. Also some spread offenses dictate where their receivers line up (e.g. Numbers, hash, etc. That should be included also.

Bring the Strategy tab within the Team Management menu. Nothing on that tab should be system wide option in a dynasty. What happens if I and another user use the same playbook?!?! Come on man!!!!

Allow for the hot routing of Slants into Post and Corners like before. ALSO FOR A RB ROUTE TREE ON THE RIGHT STICK. UP – WHEEL ROUTE, DOWN – ANGLE, LEFT – SWING LEFT, RIGHT – SWING ROUTE. I should be able to have my RB as my blitz drop off. I should not have to wait for him to try to fight through the line to run what is some kind of weird looking slant only to be sacked.

Allow us to shift receivers on and off the line as needed while moving TE around to pick up blitzes and so forth. There needs to be this freedom within the game.

Also allow us to pick which side our #1 WR is on.

Dynasty
Scouting Report: Top 10 offensive and defensive plays picked with %
Offensive Scouting Report: Total Plays Run/Pass Ratio, Down and Distance Run/Pass ratio eg. 2nd and Long Run/Pass Ratio, 3rd and Short Run/Pass Ratio, Top 3 Plays every down
Defensive Scouting Report: Total Plays, Zone/Man Ratio, Blitz Ratio, Zone Blitz/Man Blitz Ratio
Down and Distance Total Plays, Zone/Man Ratio, Blitz Ratio, Zone Blitz/Man Blitz Ration

Conference Prestige Should be Dynamic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conference prestige for Independents should be Current Season schedule strength, Last Season Schedule strength or an average of the past 3 years. It should start of as the first one til after 3 years have been played.

Medical Redshirt - Enough said

Coaching Style Pitch - Add it to where the system I run has an impact on rather a recruit wants to come to my school.

FIX THE RANKING SYSTEM. I SHOULD NOT DROP 2 SPOTS IN WEEK 7 EVEN IF I AM UNDEFEATED AND JUST BEAT A TOP 10 TEAM.

High School All American Game – Allows me to see the incoming freshman I may have

Spring Game – Allows me to see the improvement of everybody and get a first look at the freshman
National Signing Day – ESPNU Top 150 Players who commit week 5 of offseason recruiting have a presentation

Player Progression = (x) potential + (y) Time on the field + (z) Production + (a) coaching. The ratio should be random. E.g.: A 65 rated player will progress, at his best to be a, 89 rated player but let say (6 pts.) is his own physical potential. (3 pts.) depend on his seeing the field and getting comfortable. (12 pts.) depend on him being a productive player and becoming more confident. (3 pts.) depend on coaching. This player is probably better suited a small time college where he can get his numbers. Progression as far as coaching would be dictated by coach prestige. 3.0 for A+, 2.7 for an A, 2.4 for a B+, 2.1 for a B, 1.8 for a C+, 1.5 for a C etc. with normal rounding rules

Allow Teams to grow: better stadiums, change and add uniforms
This should be done by a transparent points earned system. You should earn points for things like: 10 Win Seasons, Rivalry wins, Bowl wins, Bowl invites, BCS bowl invites, BCS Bowl Wins, Finish Season Top 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 1 and beating teams ranked in the Top 25, 20, 15, 10 ,5,1 have postseason reward winners and All Americans, etc. U can use these points to expand your stadium or to buy uniform types like Nike Battleground jersey styles that other teams have fitted with your colors or the colors you choose.

Allow Live Weather in Dynasty Games

Historical data such as record for past 10 seasons and game summary information when you look at the games. Also keep recruiting class rank for 10 years. Nice to see what may be the source of a bad year.
Recruiting

All to search prospects by Attribute Grade (e.g. Search for LB with B or Higher in Block Shedding)

Allow us to tell recruit if he’s being recruited for another position so they don’t think playing time will be an issue. It may be a turn off, it may make them really excited or anything in between.

Make recruiting a two way convo. Sometimes the recruit brings up a topic (the random topic selection as on “11) and sometimes the coach picks a topic (As on the previous games). But Recruits only bring up topics that are important to them. They can also mention other schools who they are interested in and how they stand as far as a certain recruiting pitch and compare you to them. When the recruit brings up a topic and compares you to another school you would be given 3 ways to answer the question. You can give a positive, neutral or negative answer. Some recruits will respond better to you always being better, some recruits will respond to you taking the high road and other may respond to you telling the truth and not trying to spin the situation.

Teambuilder
An Oregon Package: Allows for 4 helmets, 8 jerseys and 4 pairs of pants or something like that
Stadium Builder: Let me build my own stadium from scratch. Let us use what’s in the game to make our own stadium and eliminate the markings from other teams being in our stadium. If a team on the game has it, I want the option to put it in my stadium. (LSU 5 yard lines)

Allow us to pick our rivals and not have them given to us.

Can I have Black Nike Shoes as my default not white?

Different Sponsored Team Jerseys (e.g. Nike Adidas UA Riddell)

Allow us to create just uniforms for teams and put them on the game.

Teambuilder is an awesome tool. Let us use it to its full potential.

Comp AI

Situational Play calling needs to be better

Adjust to tendencies

But not knowing the exact play I’m going to run.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 08-21-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: blkkrptnt819 Wish List

Thread(s) for this. Closed.

@AdamdotH
Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

^Are you an actual mod or do you just like saying that?

I actually like a lot of these ideas, but EA will include about 0.5% of these ever, simply because of short production cycles and quite frankly, they don't need to; they'll make boatloads of money anyways.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Thread(s) for this. Closed.
I'm not in the right place? I thought this was the wishlist forum?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I'm not in the right place? I thought this was the wishlist forum?
If the thread was closed you wouldn't be able to post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

i like this whole thing and agree with everything you said! hopefully EA wont be lazy and revamp teambuilder and their game
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Excellent post. Sadly, none of it will be implemented. EA's business model = gimmicks/polish/graphics >>>>> gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »