Home
View Poll Results: How many would be in favor of this feature? How many wouldn't be?
IN FAVOR 84 89.36%
NOT IN FAVOR 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #17
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AD Mode in '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Something like this:

Allow Teams to grow: better stadiums, change and add uniforms

This should be done by a transparent points earned system. You should earn points for things like: 10 Win Seasons, Rivalry wins, Bowl wins, Bowl invites, BCS bowl invites, BCS Bowl Wins, NCs. Finish Season Top 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 1 and beating teams ranked in the Top 25, 20, 15, 10 ,5,1 have postseason award winners and All Americans, etc. U can use these points to expand your stadium or to buy uniform types like Nike Battleground jersey styles that other teams have fitted with your colors or the colors you choose, build up the workout and football facilities, build up campus building to allow for improving campus lifestyle.
Maybe something like this:

Points earned for games:
0 points: Loss vs non-ranked opponent
1 Point: Loss vs Top 16-25
2 Points: Loss vs Top 11-15
3 points: Loss vs Top 6-10
4 points: Loss vs Top 5
5 points: Win vs non-ranked
6 points: Win vs Top 16-25
7 points: Win vs Top 11-15
8 Points: Win vs Top 6-10
9 Points: Win vs Top 2-5
10 Points: Win vs #1

Points earned for conference championship and bowl games
10 points: CCG victory or conference win; Non-BCS Bowl victory
15 points: BCS Bowl game berth
20 points: BCS bowl victory (plus points from ranking and rival (if applicable))
25 points: NCG berth
50 points: National Championship Game victory

Rivalry Games
10 point bonus for Rivalry Game victory
-10 points for Rivalry Game loss
30 points: Winning record in Rivalry Games during season
40 points: Rival Domination - Beat a rival in consecutive seasons (+10 points for each season it continues)

The points build up, for example:

BCS NCG Game: #1 Ohio State vs #2 Oregon. Ohio States wins.

Ohio State
50 (NCG victory)
25 (NCG berth)
20 (BCS game victory)
15 (BCS game berth)
9 (Win vs Top 2-5)
-------------------------
119 total points

Michigan
25 (NCG berth)
15 (BCS game berth)
4 (Loss vs Top 5)
-------------------------
44 total points

Points earned for recruiting accomplishments
30 points: Top recruiting class
25 points: Top 2-5 recruiting class
20 points: Top 6-10 recruiting class
15 points: Top 11-15 recruiting class
10 points: Top 16-25 recruiting class

Points earned for single season and over the course of dynasty
Points for season record need to be relative to the team's previous season or two and the overall record. I'm not really sure how to do that, yet.

10 points: Each player graduated or leaving for draft with total rating of 95+ (increases Pro Potential as well)
20 points: Consecutive BCS berths (+10 for each year it continues)
50 points: Consecutive BCS wins (+10 for each year it continues)
100 points: Heisman winner
200 points: Winningest team over last 5 season; +200 for winningest over 10 seasons and so on
300 points: Back-to-back NCs; +100 for each consecutive NC
1000 points: Most National Championships in history
1000 points: Most wins in history

Of course, this isn't everything, but just some general ideas.

Stadium/Campus additions and upgrades should cost the most at the top. A successful team can rack up the points pretty quickly, but you also need to allow the OK programs to improve.

- I'd say between 50 and 10,000 points for stadium upgrades and additions, depending on what is to be done (anything from upgrading food and beverage quality, restrooms, seats, all the way up to super-luxurious sweets and heated seats for the entire stadium).

- 200-10,000 points for campus additions and upgrades.

For football facility upgrades/additions (player dorms, work out facility, kitchen/chef, etc.), I'd say between 200-10,000 points.

Uniforms really aren't that big of a cost concern and can change annually if a player wants. I'd say 50 points for new uniforms.

It would probably take a good while to get a school like FIU top-of-the-line facilities, a massive stadium, a great campus, etc. The longer it takes to max out everything, the higher the replay ability of the game, IMO.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #18
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

When I think AD Mode, the only thing I think of is following the school rather than following the coach. The revenue raising and stadium building doesn't strike me as something EA would implement in an interesting way.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I like the idea of adding an AD mode as a 'reward' for long term service...but an AD does more than just Football. To make it really worth doing you would almost need a new game. But how many people really want to micro manage an athletic budget, cope with the different sports(womens too) and be responsible for building up the facilities and fund raising to pay for better coaches...

Personally, I'd rather see them add coaching staffs for us but then only after they fix all the bugs.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
I like the idea of adding an AD mode as a 'reward' for long term service...but an AD does more than just Football. To make it really worth doing you would almost need a new game. But how many people really want to micro manage an athletic budget, cope with the different sports(womens too) and be responsible for building up the facilities and fund raising to pay for better coaches...

Personally, I'd rather see them add coaching staffs for us but then only after they fix all the bugs.
That's why i want a build a program type of thing i stated above. I think it could add alot to the game without taking away one of the main things, PLAYING FOOTBALL.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #21
Banned

t2jBird's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
I was thinking of them expanding dynasty mode. It could be like the old Owner Mode from Madden 06, except the money you earn means something. Spend it on scholarships, advertisements, stadium improvements, hiring coaches, training staffs. You could even have an option to spend it on "Non-Football" playing sports, and it could help your prestige. Not a ton, but incrementally. I think you gain-lose prestige too fast anyway. Why do you have to go up-down a full star everytime when you could slowly work your way up?
You don't have to get in the specifics of womens basketball.. Just select and option to upgrade "Non-Football Playing Sports" and it will give a little boost to your prestige... You would not need a new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2jBird
You don't have to get in the specifics of womens basketball.. Just select and option to upgrade "Non-Football Playing Sports" and it will give a little boost to your prestige... You would not need a new game.
I dont want to have to deal with any other sport at all.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #23
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

For the sake of realism, it wouldn't hurt to have the option to use points to improve the entire athletic department, but I think it would be a little too much to have all the individual sports to choose from.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #24
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
For the sake of realism, it wouldn't hurt to have the option to use points to improve the entire athletic department, but I think it would be a little too much to have all the individual sports to choose from.
Understand realism and that the reason i wouldn't call it AD mode. It would be more of program builder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »