Home

NCAA 14 - Best Selling NCAA in the Series?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - Best Selling NCAA in the Series? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA 14 - Best Selling NCAA in the Series?

Huge progress in incorporating a playoff into college football has been made today. ESPN reports that a consensus has been reached regarding the playoff system for the 2013 season. @http://espn.go.com/college-football/...otball-playoff

Assuming that EA will continue to upgrade the gameplay with the addition of a revamped infinity engine and possibly other improvements (presentation, dynasty), with the addition of this playoff system I can see this being one of the best selling games in the series. There is no way that they wouldn't include a playoff system if its "in the game," right? With all this in mind, NCAA 14 is already looking like a powerhouse.

Alongside the updates in gameplay and presentation, if EA adds a playoff system I think it'll become an automatic buy for a lot of people. Thoughts?

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.

Last edited by bruinkid626; 06-23-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 14 - Best Selling NCAA in the Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
Huge progress in incorporating a playoff into college football has been made today. ESPN reports that a consensus has been reached regarding the playoff system for the 2013 season. @http://espn.go.com/college-football/...otball-playoff

Assuming that EA will continue to upgrade the gameplay with the addition of a revamped infinity engine and possibly other improvements (presentation, dynasty), with the addition of this playoff system I can see this being one of the best selling games in the series. There is no way that they wouldn't include a playoff system if its "in the game," right? With all this in mind, NCAA 14 is already looking like a powerhouse.

Alongside the updates in gameplay and presentation, if EA adds a playoff system I think it'll become an automatic buy for a lot of people. Thoughts?
I think for a lot of people who are OK playing older versions like '06 because the gameplay is better in a lot of ways will have a much harder time ignoring a new addition assuming the playoffs would be added. It'd be difficult to play a game where the postseason isn't true to life, which will be the case with most of the older games come '14.

Another thing to think about, is NCAA will be getting the physics treatment.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

It would be for NCAA 15.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

They need 2 add several things like for instance the Spring Games the playoff system The UA All American Game The Senior Bowl (Which would actually help or hurt some people's draft position when yet bring back import draft classes) all of these would make it a buy without a thought in my head
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I think 14 will sell a ton just because of RTP. The playoff would be a nice touch. I don't see why they couldn't add it, or have it unlocked after season 1 in dynasty. I'll be honest, I've been buying this game since 1998 on playstation, and I'm the most excited for 14 as I have been in years. It will be different for sure, lets all just hope it is better than these last few years.

I agree with the above post about a spring game. I think it would also make sense to bring back the mini game drills, and be able to select players to do the drills and boost attributes. I think they used to do this in Madden. There are so many things the current game lacks that we had last gen. I just hope they get this right. The past few years of mediocre NCAA games would be worth it for me if they come out and just nail it in 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I highly doubt we'll get playoff in 2014...gives 2015 season 2 killer sellers, next gen and playoff
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I highly doubt that they will add in the playoff feature in 14, unless it will be created as a unlock feature for your 2nd season in dynasty. I would be okay if they wait to add the playoff feature for 15 as long as they tweak the coaching carousel, adding 80-85 man roster and a few other items in dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »