Home

NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Rookie

bhbdawg's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Wishlist Outline

Neutral Site games during the regular season.

It would most likely be a VERY easy fix. And some of the biggest games in recent years can't be replicated in Dynasty mode because of this omission. What's strange is that some (like UGA/UF) are already built into the scheduling.

Just open it up for any game. Customization is the key.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Rookie

bhbdawg's Arena

And as much as the NCAA might hate it, violations, suspensions, and probation is a real part of the game these days. I remember them incorporating it once (players would skip class and you'd have to give them an appropriate punishment or find yourself with probation).

It could teach kids the repercussions of doing bad things. They did that last year with the concussion rule (which is a great rule). I'd like to see them do the same thing with suspensions/probation.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I put them in the other thread, but I'll put them here too.

Dynamic Rivalries
- Ability to self edit the rivalries to add games, ability over the course of the dynasty for rivalries to form through close games and/or constant scheduling of an opponent.

Reasoning: Some schools have little to no rivalries. (see the new UTSA/Texas State, etc) This feature would allow them to gain rivalries, and lose them perhaps too if they aren't played frequently enough, through the course of dynasty.

Ability to edit ALL schedules

Reasoning: We still have the 11 games per team bug in this year's version of the game. Custom schedule editing would allow us to come up with a schedule that works (or make a team play an FCS school, etc) instead of the CPU being okay with only scheduling 11 games. Also, it gets annoying with custom conferences when teams that are independents play 5 or 6 games against FCS schools.

A newer one:

Ability to choose an option to substitute a Team Builder team for the FCS generics to play your game against. Just schedule an FCS school, then download a Team Builder team and sub them in when you get to the loading screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
We still have the 11 games per team bug in this year's version of the game. Custom schedule editing would allow us to come up with a schedule that works (or make a team play an FCS school, etc) instead of the CPU being okay with only scheduling 11 games. Also, it gets annoying with custom conferences when teams that are independents play 5 or 6 games against FCS schools.
That is so damn ridiculous. That was a vocal complaint last year and it just fell on deaf ears.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Rookie

NDIrishJB's Arena

I'm not even going to get into the gameplay problems that need to be fixed... that's something that EA spends more time on than anything anyway. I'm going to focus on dynasty changes I'd like see...

Character/Discipline

Discipline/Punishments definitely need to be brought into the game (Used to be in the PS2 version). EA can add a discipline or character rating and perhaps let it be a little dependent on a recruit's ability level (blue chip prospects tend to have more character issues than the 2-3 stars players).

This would add a new wrinkle to recruiting so that users don't always go after the highest rated guy without having new baggage to perhaps take on. Eventually if a program had enough problems, the NCAA could take away bowl games/scholarships.

I think schools known for running shady programs should have things stacked against them in dynasty from the get go, as the NCAA has already dealt with them and is more aware of their behavior. Have NCAA investigations be more frequent for teams like USC, LSU, Ohio State, Miami, and Penn State.

Recruiting Realism

It'd be nice if the recruits interested in your school matched the play style the coach/school implements. For instance, a four-star blocking TE that's 6'2 235 isn't going to be interested in Notre Dame (known for their pro-ready receiving TE's that are in the 6'5-6'6 260 range). Neither would a pure pocket quarterback with no running game at all given them running the spread, or a 6'0 265 DT with them running a 3-4 defense.

Additionally, there's no need to have 6'4-6'6 guys who are safety prospects... I'm seeing way too many of them. When's the last time any of us has seen a safety that tall?

I like the scouting this year and the gem/bust feature. This is a nod in the right direction that no one knows for certain (especially at the beginning of a season) how a recruit will truly turn out in his abilities based on him being rated by stars. I would like to see something like Madden has with the potential factor, as many players hit their ceiling right out of high school, while others grow enormously while in college.

I do think that verbal commitments should never be taking off the board until NSD. Many commitments switch even after being a "hard verbal". At least give the option for other schools to recruit these prospects even if they're at the hard verbal level -- even if it is difficult to get them to switch, it'll make the original commitment team spend more time keeping that prospect committed.

Neutral sites

A lot of schools have been scheduling neutral site games for national exposure and others also do so for tradition's sake (Red River shootout in the Cotton Bowl for instance). Notre Dame is playing home games in Dublin and Chicago this year. They'll be playing ASU in Dallas next year. I understand not having some random stadium for the Dublin game, but EA does have models of pro stadiums already and should be able to add that in the custom schedule feature so we can make them neutral sites.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Safeties 6'4+, Ray Ray Armstrong, Taylor Mays, The one at USC now... It happens more than you think.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

[quote=NDIrishJB;2043943818]

I think schools known for running shady programs should have things stacked against them in dynasty from the get go, as the NCAA has already dealt with them and is more aware of their behavior. Have NCAA investigations be more frequent for teams like USC, LSU, Ohio State, Miami, and Penn State.

I think that this type of thing would be interesting but are you kidding me? Including Penn State is incorrect. Schools like Miami and Ohio State have been linked to shady programs such as paying players. Penn State had ONE instance and it DID NOT involve paying players or anything along those lines. The Sandusky thing was bad, very bad, but it doesn't warrant the inclusion of Penn State among the schools that run shady programs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Dynasty

-Return of the draft class export to Madden.
-Medical Redshirts
-Either a Spring Game or the ability to export my team and play with it in exhibition mode.
-High School All-American game
-The ability to adjust the 4 team playoff to 8 or maybe even 16 teams. If we can adjust the bowl tie-ins we should be able to edit the number of the playoff teams.

TeamBuilder

-Add two more alternate uniforms
-Custom Rivalries
-Custom stadiums.
-Add two more alternate logos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »