Home

Coaching Carousel: Why Change Teams?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel: Why Change Teams? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Coaching Carousel: Why Change Teams?

We've all played a coaching carousel where we've have started with a 1-star team, built them up, and eventually left to go to a more powerhouse school, or we went to our favorite college. Either that or gained loyalty to our small school, and stuck around.

My thought is, if I've built up let's say Western Kentucky, and ended up getting an offer to go to Michigan (we'll use them since they're my favorite team), then I'd go. After that, no matter what kind of offer I got, I wouldn't leave Michigan. I think that EA Sports could easily add some featuers that would make some of us jump ship from one of our favorite colleges to say a Wyoming, Florida International, etc.

I tend to go back to the old ESPN Football games we all used to have on the PS2. Why not see how much the coaches get paid? You can end up getting offered more money to go to different colleges. Then, you can use that money to build up your office, like the "Crib" in ESPN. You could buy posters, a better desk, better computer (that can help with recruiting), a TV, pool table, etc, etc.

I also think, this way, they can put in achievements. Say, an achievement of earning a multi-million dollar coaching contract, or going from a small paying school, to one that pays over a certain amount.

I have been thinking about this for a while, and just think it's a brilliant idea, that would keep you moving around every now and again in the Coaching Carousel.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »