Home

Forward looking Dynasty...

This is a discussion on Forward looking Dynasty... within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Forward looking Dynasty...

Now I realize that there are a lot of Dynasty ideas that get repeated year after year (duplicate numbers, larger rosters, AD mode, etc) but I think there's a big fix that if EA were to implement would inspire a lot on confidence for them going forward: Revamp Custom Conferences.

I realize the following would be code-intensive, as it would involve retooling the scheduling logic, but:

- ability to change bowl tie-ins for every game (what good is making the Mountain West a power conference if I'm stuck with their same, real-life ties?)

- ability to add TB teams in each offseason
(conferences are growing and changing rapidly, and several new teams are coming up from FCS just in the next three seasons.)

These two changes alone (combined with further scheduling tweaks like the Hawaii rule and 11game bug) would go a long ways toward not only increasing Dynasty's replay value in future seasons, but give gamers a sign that EA is actually trying (and not just posturing) to ensure a solid product that doesn't get sold back as soon as Madden or the next COD comes out. Image is everything, EA please show us your serious about your product's performance and not just about game site reviews and back-of-box half baked features.

Don't get me wrong, I love 13, I think it's a big improvement over 12, I just think the seismic shifting of the college football landscape gives EA an opportunity to shift along with it, to look towards the future instead of just reviews and sales.
Might have to get rid of Haumiller though.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »