Home

We ABSOLUTELY need more ratings for QB's

This is a discussion on We ABSOLUTELY need more ratings for QB's within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
We ABSOLUTELY need more ratings for QB's

Short/medium/deep accuracy ratings are an absolute must have in NCAA 14. Aside from the fact that some freshman/sophomores get "rattled" at times and are off on throws, there's no real discernible difference between QB's in NCAA 13. Just having THP and THA is so boring nowadays. We need more ratings to differentiate QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: We ABSOLUTELY need more ratings for QB's

Madden has a lot more ratings, so I don't see why it would be hard to do that for NCAA.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

They should have:
QB arm strength
QB short ACC
QB mid ACC
QB deep ACC
QB touch
QB footwork
Pocket presence
composure

I think a footwork and touch rating would separate the "elite" guys from guys who are just physically talented.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
They should have:
QB arm strength
QB short ACC
QB mid ACC
QB deep ACC
QB touch
QB footwork
Pocket presence
composure

I think a footwork and touch rating would separate the "elite" guys from guys who are just physically talented.
Love it. I imagine it would work like this:

QB arm strength - self explanatory

QB short ACC -
short pass accuracy 0-10

QB mid ACC -
mid ranged pass accuracy 10-25

QB deep ACC -
deep pass accuracy 25+

QB touch -
quarterback's ability to lob passes over defenders. Less touch is less of an arch, would also effect accuracy when putting touch on passes. a 6 yard touch pass would go something like this short ACC+touch= pass accuracy.

QB footwork -
footwork effects quarterback drop back speed and movement speed in the pocket. Also would work like touch except footwork would be added into every pass.

Pocket presence -
Would give the cpu a better sense of when to throw the ball or scramble. Also effects the users controller vibration, if your qb has 45 pocket presence the controller while rarely vibrate when feeling pressure. If you qb has 90 pocket presence the controller would vibrate when as soon as a defender breaks a block.

Composure -
Effects a qbs abilitys for the positive or negative in big games, playing on the road, next possession after throwing an interception, and after getting sacked.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Rookie

After reading these posts I just had a day dream...

I'm playing with a quarterback with high pocket presence, I take a three step drop and a defensive end does an inside move and is on a b-line about to drill me. My controller starts shaking like crazy and I take my eyes from looking downfield to my quarterback, just in time to do a spin move to my right with great footwork and roll out of the pocket to the left. I then set back up looking down field and see a receiver open on the sideline so my quarterback throws a touch pass just over the outstretched hands of the leaping cornerback, connecting with the receiver just before the safety coming downhill smashes into my receiver for a 15 yard gain.

Man, just imagine... Guess we can only hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
Pro

That gets me drooling. But how would you spin without throwing the ball? I've never been able to spin if I'm behind the line because the spin button is also a receiver button
Old 03-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I started a thread about how I seriously think they need to bring back the trigger quick cut jukes. I also think it would be sweet if we had a way to bring down receiver icons at the snap. I seem to recall this in an old Madden game. This would give you the ability to scramble and utilize all your jukes, but be able to escape, bring back your pass icons, then throw. It would also be cool to have the icons change after the snap if you scramble.
EX: QB takes the snap from under center, you bring up your icons, then take them down to scramble. Once you escape the pocket, WR X turned into WR O. This would make it more of a challenge to find guys once you scramble, making it more realistic.

As for the quick trigger jukes, I just miss them. Only having the stick to juke is pretty weak IMO. That quick one step juke is 10x more common in a football game than a sideways hop juke for obvious reasons. You lose speed when you hop laterally, opposed to sticking you foot into the ground to cut. I still can't believe this hasn't made it back into NCAA games.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I like the rating system described above, but EA would need to make some fundamental changes to the passing system for it to work. QB's in EA sports games as far back as I can remember have been WAYYYY too accurate. Even with a mediocre QB, and sliders working against him, an EA QB will constantly put the ball on a dime and hit the receiver in stride. You rarely, if ever see a ball short hopped, thrown behind the reciever or led slightly to far. As a result, the game tries to compensate with bandaids that create new issues (like warping DB's).

If they could sort that out, the ratings proposed here could have a real nice impact on the game, and distinguish different levels of QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »