Home

How to fix Stats/Wins&Losses/Recruiting etc

This is a discussion on How to fix Stats/Wins&Losses/Recruiting etc within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
How to fix Stats/Wins&Losses/Recruiting etc

This is how I think these categories need to be handled during simmed games and events, EA needs to go back the last say 10 years and find cold hard data on how seasons unfold to create algorithms

Easy to do (well maybe a lot of man hours, but I don't think the difficulty of the programming would be high), find the end season results and one can easily figure out the stats per game to allow this to happen
EA needs to find the Mean, Median and Standard Deviation for Stats for all positions for an entire season and need to create intervals based on the standard deviation and have it implemented to which roughly thats how a simmed season end up. If only on average 9 quarterbacks throw for over 4000 yards per year, then that is roughly what should be programmed to happen with a small error rate that allows for a little more or little less

The next two are probably tough as they require more interactions
Same things for games, find out the average number of upsets and have that roughly be programmed to happen each week, I'm hearing there are a lot of upsets, but that's probably because of over inflated rosters that lump everyone together to make fans happy

This would work for rankings too, find out how often a midmajor team finishes the season top 25 to help us get more realistic polls, how often a top 10 teams ends the season unranked, etc.

Easy
Recruiting should be the same, find the average number of players of each star rankings that each prestige level school signs

Obviously human controlled events will negate these when involved directly, at least with stats and game outcomes, but I really like the idea of a preprogrammed universe that basically uses stats and probability to shape its sim engine to make a more realistic and enjoyable experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »