Home

Someone at EA Needs to be Fired.

This is a discussion on Someone at EA Needs to be Fired. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #9
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Someone at EA Needs to be Fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Sad but true. The singer from Nickelback has got to be canned. 2005 is the biggest sports gaming dissappointment in years.

Public Enemy #1
Now that was funny.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:07 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree with the original poster 100%. As far as Rod "Chad Kroeger" Moye getting shown the door, the sales of the game will probably keep him employed, but he's got to be feeling the heat because if a game goes from most beloved game one year to biggest disappointment the next year, you know you %#$@ up.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Everything the first guy said is true, but there's two bigger issues that have made this game not-as-fun-as-last-year's for me:

1. Too many dropped balls.

and

2. Slowdown.

I'm probably going to wait until the next-gen consoles to buy my next college football game....am getting sick of this game engine as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #12
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree with the original poster 100%. As far as Rod "Chad Kroeger" Moye getting shown the door, the sales of the game will probably keep him employed, but he's got to be feeling the heat because if a game goes from most beloved game one year to biggest disappointment the next year, you know you %#$@ up.
The sales shouldn't mean **** considering there is no other option for college football games. They really ****ed it up this year, just like their NHL game. This must have been the two steps back year, after one step forward last year.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:47 PM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
The sales shouldn't mean **** considering there is no other option for college football games. They really ****ed it up this year, just like their NHL game. This must have been the two steps back year, after one step forward last year.
Sales don't mean **** for us passionate fans who PLAY the game, but the reality of the situation is that some VP is looking at some balance sheet and is more then likely seeing that the game met or exceeded expected revenue projections. Also the backlash from the large mainstream gaming media was pretty mild. The game wasn't ripped to shreds like NBA Live 2002 and Triple Play 2002. The press on those games precipitated completely reinvented games. So "CK" Moye probably gets to stay.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:36 AM   #14
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks, I was wondering if it was just me that thought that. This is myfirst time playing the college game. I was upset when I couldnt create any plays.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:02 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

I agree also.I stopped playing the crap since august.I wish a developer would
challenge Ea because the kiddy crap is a waste.If they were smart then they would release a watered version with arcade style bull for kids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #16
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

AMEN...I thougt I was the only one that thought this...especially with the absence of the offtackle...its one of the most basic plays of the most basic formations in all of football. Another thing that burns me up though is how almost ALL CPU teams love to sit back in the shotgun & run HB/QB draws all day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »