Home

NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

First thing, make sure you guys test the game properly next time around. I have never had any issues with NCAA until this year. My playcalling screen stutters from time to time and I have had problems with players getting stuck on other plaers after calling for a no huddle.

Second thing, Collision detection must be fixed. i've seen the ball move through hands, helmut, etc.. Also, along the same lines, If my Wide Reciever is going to drop a pass, AT LEAST make it that he puts his hands in the area of the ball. MY GOD this has been one of the most frustraing things, throw a perfect pass to a wide open reciever about waist high, a foot off his body and he keeps his arms near his stomach. I don't care if you are the worst player in College, unless a ball gets deflected you always reach for the ball in the area where it is headed.

Third thing, MORE DYNASTY options. I love Dynasty mode but it is getting a bit stale. We need some new functions. I play as UCONN, I need a bigger stadium, let me build one next year. Stuff like that.

Fourth thing, Fix the disipline stuff. I like the addition but why am i limited in suspensions with points? I should be able to suspend players at will when they screw up. Are real teams limited like this? No.

Fifth thing, I love the Greatest Games mode where you play out the last moments of a game and try to duplicate or change what happened on the field, but you HAVE to make this mode more accessable. I know you can take out the constant reloading if you happen to fail. This makes the short ones non-playable, you end up waiting longer for loads than actually playing. Stupid design.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #58
Rookie

jacketin08's Arena

OVR: 4

1) FIX BOBBY DODD STADIUM. Honestly, Georgia Tech's stadium was updated over a season ago.

2) Custom team entrances. Have Georgia Tech run out behind the Ramblin' Wreck for instance.

3) practices in dynasty mode

4) better WR catching AI and db coverage AI

other than that i love this game.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #59
Rookie

Fix the passing game for Human and CPU

Fix the dropped passes, please fix these. Especially the WIDE open drops. Andre Caldwell had 29 drops at the end of a season... 29...

Fix O line blocking, and make the game go faster. A 9 min quarter game takes like an hour and a half.

Create a play.

When I switch teams as a coach my coaching stars shouldnt drop, maybe 1 at most.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #60
Rookie

anothertd's Arena

i play coach mode and i think that it would be cool if you where a head set your coordinators would give you their input on plays through your head set. such as oc may say "coach after watching game film we should run fb dive on 3rd and 2" and you could respond by pressing x or go it on your on and run what ever you want.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #61
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I want to see recruiting revamped. The "pitch" system is ridiculous. All one has to do is change the pitch every week to find out what he "likes" and you could change it at any time. It's the equivalent of trying to be all things to all people, only you're being all things to one guy, even when you are Alaska State and your location is not attractive at all. I say that in the scouting report, there should be a list of priorities of the recruit, i.e. warm weather, immediate playing time, passing offense, close to home, etc. That would allow the coach to decide if he has a chance before wasting time changing your pitch five times. Just tell me what you want; if I fit any of your needs, I will recruit you. If your top two priorities are warm weather and a wide open offense, and I run the wishbone at UConn, I know not to waste time on you. That's just a quick example of what I would like to see in recruiting. I would also like real recruiting rules in effect, i.e. only one head coach visit per week, etc. It would make recruiting much more of a realistic, enjoyable experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #62
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

I would also like to see improved run blocking. As a former offensive lineman, it is a shame that the OL gets so little love on this game. I am constantly cursing my linemen and that hurts me. An OT with 40 awareness would STILL block the guy right in front of him, instead of just turning around and watching him sack the quarterback.

Defensive Playbooks would be great as well. All the same formations, but in different playbooks.

4-3 Playbook
4-3 Defensive Scheme with many more options.
Nickel; ditto.
Dime
Goalline
Special Teams.

That would be the model for most of the playbooks. Of course, this would only work if the main defensive schemes (4-3, 3-4, 4-2-5, 3-3-5, 5-2, 4-4) were expanded significantly.

Practice Mode within Dynasty Mode can't be stressed enough, either.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #63
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Defensive Hot Routes like in Madden.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #64
Rookie

lloydman's Arena

Thumbs up Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

A few of these are duplicates but here is my list:
- Practice Mode in Dynasty
- Kickoff return stats are off (you might only return it to the 20 or so but it says 60 yd return)
- Jumping too high (players do not jump that high in real life)
- Ball bounces way too much (it is football, not pinball, rarely does the ball hit off of so many players)
- Subs run over coaches when there is an injuried player and they are subbing
- TD celebrations run over people on the sidelines at times
- Winning player walks off with head down, why?
- Better celebration after National Championship
- Tear down the goalposts after beating rival (I had to throw that in there)
- New pregame animations (very old and stale)
- Improve weather logic (Played a game in August in Columbus and it was snowing!)

Ohio State specific changes:
- OSU/Michigan is ALWAYS the last game of the regular season for both teams (in yr 3 or so, you are allowed to schedule games after The Game and sometimes you are assigned a game after The Game that you can't switch)
- Spirit Stickers - every team member receives a Buckeye Leaf for a win, or two Buckeye Leaves for a Big Ten win, or for execution of an exceptional play on the field

Looking forward to 2006!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »