Home

NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

OK - Now that NCAA Football 2005 has been out a bit, please use this thread to post the things you'd like to see happen in next year's edition.

Please keep debate to a minimum - that's what the main forum is for.

We've had developers use these Wishlists in the past, and hopefully your comments will be read by the development team. Collecting them in a sticky just makes it easier for them.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 11-26-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
R**k**

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 2006 Wishlist

My wish is the same one I have had every year since the psx version: Give us the option to end the season with a playoff instead of the bowls. In NCAA 2001 for the psx, there was a 24 team playoff that incorporated the bowl structure that was incredible and I would love to see that. There were 8 first round games with the top 8 getting a bye and then 8 more games, then 4, 2 and the championship.

I would love to have that option. It would be a blast for students and would be fun online as well. And you would still have the bowl structure option for purists.

I would also like to see some different plays and playbooks. There have not been many changes - other than a few new defensive sets, since the game came out on the PS2 for the first time in 2002.

And I would like to see more bowl game specific commentary.

And one bug I would like to see fixed or just remove the commentary. YOu are playing the NC game and give up a long run. Coach says: "Listen up. If they can't stop the run they are in big trouble. Maybe not here, but somewhere down the road." I can't tell you how many times over the past few years that this has been said in a bowl game or in a game where you are stopping the run and happen to give up one good one. In fact, a lot of the commentary is starting to get a little old and EA may need to get the guys in the studio for a little longer this year.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

revamp the graphics and commentary, fix the super human db ai (every defensive back runs to wherever you throw the ball, resulting in quadruple coverage) and add the oregon duck mascot. the playoff thing would be cool as well.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 11-26-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

PLAYOFF OPTION

fix DB AI or at least PLEASE LOWER THE NUMBER OF WR DROPS.

Add plays/formations... whatever.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:44 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I have a few things:

1. Everybody's said it before me and it's not changing now....bring back the playoff option. Let us determine our champion the right way...on the field, unlike in real life.

2. This is just a personal thing but bring back the old theme music from NCAA 2002. Great theme that shouldn't have been taken out.

3. Bring the game out for PC.

I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

(in no specific order)

-every team should have proper Adidas, Nike, or other licensed uniforms (i.e. March Madness 2005).
-knee braces
-ability to enter longer names (at least another letter or two)
-year round recruiting
-recruiting visits
-ability to change the shape under “player being used” (from a star to maybe a square, circle)
-conference invites to non-BCS conferences for smaller schools
-larger roster limits (75?)
-more walk-ons
-ability to choose sleeve length per player (most QB’s have longer sleeves than line-man who tend to tuck it in)
-more shoe detail (most shoes are two to three colors for most schools)
-ability to change / edit shoes
-add another commentary / analysis team for smaller games
-ability to rush field (at least since the NCAA won’t let goal post come down)
-smaller passing icons. Hard to see the plays develop out of say the ‘I-formation’.
-Add the Heisman ceremony and the Saturday night at the Yale Club in New York (cut scene of the five finalists in suits sitting in front row etc.)
- List / ability to change coaches’ experience (years coaching at school or overall) and win-loss record at beginning of dynasty
-practices, final scrimmage game for dynasty mode (i.e. blue / orange at Florida)
-practice uniforms
-include long snapper position in rosters and depth chart
-assistant coaches (contracts, grades, effect team positive/negative)
-long cornrows (cornrows you can see with helmet on)
-“towel” should be added to possible equipment (notice a lot of QB have towels tucked in their waist) also hand warmers for the northern teams.
-bottom ten list available in “sports illustrated”

Last edited by kennytomson; 11-27-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

More team specific playbooks.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #8
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

1) How about mini-camp ala madden in the off-season with more activites. That way we can improve our own players instead of RANDOM breakthrough's.

2) I don't have a problem with dropped passes, as it all depends on how the QB gets them the ball. The problem with the WR's are they run very poor routes and don't adjust in zone coverage. Improve the WR awareness, and the dropped passes are a non-issue. If you notice, more of the dropped passes hit the WR's shoulder or head first.

3) DON'T SCRAP HFA!!! Just improve on it!

4) more plays and formation!!!! AND MAKE THEM TEAM SPECIFIC!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »