Home

Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #25
Rookie

carolinakid's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005?

My two cents:

After playing several seasons, I have come to the conclusion that you have to have two sets of sliders when you play the game vs. simulating the game. I have the CPU defensive sliders at minimum and still have DBs with God-like abilities. I can't pass for over 150 yards and this is with a QB with a 90+ rating! If you leave the sliders at minimum when simulating, you'll end up with unrealistic stats. This game would be close to perfect if EA Sports had addressed the DB issue. Maybe something to look forward to for 2006? Maybe ESPN will come out with a college game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #26
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It's strange, when NCAA first came out I loved it and when Madden first came out I absolutely hated it. I played NCAA until a month and a half ago (when CH came out) and I got Madden for Christmas. I got my friend's sliders and I can't stop playing Madden now.

After UConn got their bowl win over Toledo I was pumped and fiending to play NCAA '05 so I popped it in, and geez the game just seemed so bad. Regardless of sliders you can still complete 30%-40% of straight fly patterns 40 yards down the field. The CPU QB doesn't complete 40% of it's TOTAL passes and is in general awful on offense. I played a game, Penn State vs Wyoming on my Heisman sliders and their QB was 6-31 passing. I mean what the hell is that. They drop every pass, as does the human AI. It's just too frustrating, cause I like college ball a million times more than the NFL.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 7

I wonder how many people who don't like 2005 got it for the XBox and previously got the PS2 versions. 2005 is the first NCAA Football game I got for the XBox. I got PS2 every year prior. I noticed more dropped passes and some occasional slight slowdown during the game.

The slowdown, at least on my XBox, is minimal and I don't even think twice about it when it happens. As for the dropped passes, with some slider adjustments and some personal playing adjustments on my part (making sure my QB was in good throwing position, for example), I have this well under control now.

I actually like passing better now than I did in 2004. 2004 on the PS2 was just too automatic. The receivers were TOO good, IMO. There are a lot of drops in college and the NFL, too, for that matter, and I think this reflects well in NCAA 2005. The better pro receivers have their share of drops, not to mention, the plethora of not-so-great receivers in college.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #28
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

The only "killer" glitch in this game is the AI passing. It makes horrible decisions. The WR drops come and go, just like in real life. I got used to the slowdown. If NCAA 2005 had the QB logic that Madden has, it would still be killer. Alas, it's aight but still takes a backseat to Madden.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 4

I absolutely love college football. I played 2004 until the day before 2005 came out. I had become totally frustrated and sold 2005 within 6 weeks (XBOX). It was terrible for all the reasons stated here. Folks, there is a reason that NCAA 2005 was named the most disappointing game of 2004 by Operations Sports and The Blog for the Sports Gamer (Bill Abner's site). The gameplay took about ten steps back.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:44 AM   #30
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
I absolutely love college football. I played 2004 until the day before 2005 came out. I had become totally frustrated and sold 2005 within 6 weeks (XBOX). It was terrible for all the reasons stated here. Folks, there is a reason that NCAA 2005 was named the most disappointing game of 2004 by Operations Sports and The Blog for the Sports Gamer (Bill Abner's site). The gameplay took about ten steps back.
I have a PS2, so I don't what problems you speak of; sorry.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Meeker's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the game too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #32
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

As I posted in another thread, I traded in the xbox version shortly after release. Last week I got the itch and picked up the ps2 version and it is tons better. I'm having fun with the game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »