Home

Best Team Ever?

This is a discussion on Best Team Ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2004, 07:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Best Team Ever?

Na. I think it's just a slider problem.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 PM   #18
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins09
Na. I think it's just a slider problem.

hahaha, yeah i realize there is a problem with these sliders, im done with this game now for a few. im on to madden
Old 12-17-2004, 01:10 PM   #19
Rookie

GoHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye726
I guess Im just a good reader of plays defensively. I usually run man defense and I control the #1 CB and I usually hld the coach mode view so the camera is zoomed all the way out until the play starts. then I use the straffe buttin so I stay facing the line of scrimmage while Im backing up until the defender starts his route. Other than that I just run some counters and have lead blockers like the full back or multiple tightends.
what formations do you use offensively?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:38 PM   #20
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

a lot of ace formations and 3 I formations, only 1 shotgun.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

my bros team has won 70 straight games in a row from a created team that only had 3 star prestige. he won championship 1st year and hasnt stopped since.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
Running Game Tips:

I usually run draws out of the shotgun, options, or try to overpower the opposition.

I run the draw with 4 wides. I first look at the corners and see if they're in zone. if they are, I know that I will run it up the middle. If they're in man, I'll bounce it to the outside. Its good for 5-6 yards, but can be stopped for a loss, or can be good for huge chunks of yards.

On the option, it all depends if the O-Line can get a decent push. If they can, and I make it to the outside, its all good. But always watch the DE coming from the backside. He usually comes off the line clean and can take you down in the backfield. So if he gets close, pitch it.

When running out of the I, I look at the D-Line and see how they're set up. Depending on where they shift, I'll know where to run. If they dont, I run right at them and try to be patient and find a hole.

Passing Game Tips:

When it comes to passing, its all about reading defenses and knowing whats going to be open. I look at the corners to see of they're in zone. If they are, you just have to know what will be open. And if its not, you have to use your safety valves(RBs and TEs).

Also, look at the linebackers and safeties. If you get the feeling that they're bring a blitz, change the route and throw to the area they're blitzing from. Nothing is better than watching your QB beat the blitz for a 3rd down conversion or a TD.

After you have gone through all your pre-snap reads, making the pass is just as important. It all comes down to touch. Throw it too hard, they drop it. Throw it too soft, the defense is all over it. Just know when to gun it and when to take a little off.

I hope that helped.
I play almost exactly the way you tipped, and I get the same types of scores.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:41 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFootball
I play almost exactly the way you tipped, and I get the same types of scores.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:25 PM   #24
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

slants have worked very well for me, on NCAA and madden as well. it exploits a blitz from an outside linebacker, just have to read the linebackers then make the throw. Very good to gain 8 or so yards.
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »