Home

Should NCAA 2006 just use Madden 2005s gameplay?

This is a discussion on Should NCAA 2006 just use Madden 2005s gameplay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Should NCAA 2006 just use Madden 2005s gameplay?

Of course they would need to implement an option but the disparity between the two games, gameplay wise, really saddens me. Is it better for NCAA at this point to remain seperate and maintain its own identity at the risk of f***ing up NCAA even more OR should they go the safe route and copy Madden (which is vastly superior as far as Im concerned)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Should NCAA 2006 just use Madden 2005s gameplay?

I don't think NCAA would be fun using Madden's gameplay. NCAA football is a completely different game and it should keep that unique feel with things like the option play, more dropped passes, more missed tackles, etc.

I think most of the problems in this years NCAA were due to new additions which they are sure to refine for NCAA 2006.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I think most of the problems in this years NCAA were due to new additions which they are sure to refine for NCAA 2006.
Id really like to believe that but when you consider that many of NCAAs problems have been there for a while. For example, when was the last time you returned a kick for a TD or past the 50 for that matter? Also, the downfield/perimeter blocking has been bad for a while. And how do you explain the volleyball effect? Instead of having adequate AI NCAA takes away Offtackles or designs plays where there is no downfield blocking. Whatever happened to line of sight from NCAA 2004 which was supposed to diminish the hyper CPU pursuit. For the entire run of this title counters have been too effective for the same reason pitches and sweeps have been ineffective. Have you played Madden this year? In many respects theyre light years apart.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

I guess because this was the first NCAA i've played in awhile, my perspective might be a little different. I did play Madden this year and am hopelessly addicted to it. So much so that NCAA is just around to give me the draft classes. Waste of $50
Old 12-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

consdering that ncaa on xbox was choppy and just plain horrible i would like it if they used maddens. i actually loved madden this year, it was so smooth and the defensive adjustments were nice. maybe if they tweaked the running game a bit it would be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike586corleone
consdering that ncaa on xbox was choppy and just plain horrible i would like it if they used maddens. i actually loved madden this year, it was so smooth and the defensive adjustments were nice. maybe if they tweaked the running game a bit it would be perfect.
I wonder why NCAA was so bad on Xbox. It runs perfect on my ps2 and I didn't experience any of the problems most people complained about. (dropped passes, choppiness, etc)
Old 12-17-2004, 03:04 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I wonder why NCAA was so bad on Xbox. It runs perfect on my ps2 and I didn't experience any of the problems most people complained about. (dropped passes, choppiness, etc)
I have XBox and I havent really had the problems to the degree that many others with seXbox have experienced. NCAA isnt bad because of the Xbox, its just bad.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

^^i wonder the same thing. just yesterday i popped in 04 it was so smooth and there weren't any dropped passes, and the cpu actually had an offensive game. it puzzles me as to how ea can actually take a step back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »