Home

real rankings

This is a discussion on real rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
real rankings

i know its probably almost virtually impossible, but has anybody or does anybody know how to get this years real good teams to be the real good teams in the game? i mean i keep getting kansas state as top 10, ohio state top 10, hawaii top 10 (tommie chang 5k yrd passing??)

i'd just like to have a realistic season first without cheesing the teams ratings too much

also - how about a way to get highly recruted high schoolplayers in the game? kinda like 2006 preview
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: real rankings

To answer your first question you can alter the players ratings a little to help that out somewhat, but a few years into a dynasty and you never know what can happen. I got so upset that North Texas was consistantly a Top 5 team in NCAA 2004, that I altered their ratings before I started the dynasty so that wouldn't happen. It may be cheap or cheese as considered by some people, but I didn't do this with anyone else. I lowered most of North Texas' players by about 10 points overall each. Now they are just a decent small conference team. They occasionally get to a bowl, occasionally pull off a nice 8-3 season, but they are never playing in BCS bowl games year after year. As for consistantly getting teams like Ohio State or Kansas State in the Top 10, I wouldn't think that's that big of a deal. Remember both those teams played in BCS bowls last year and OSU is only a couple years away from a national title. KSU put together some pretty high ranked seasons in the late 90s. Those teams in the Top 10 isn't entirely unbelieveable.

As for how to get the current high school players in the game, you have a couple choices. You can create prospects based on those players. But to me that then floods the recruiting class with too many good players. Because there are the ones already in there and the ones you have created. What I do is rename a lot of the recruits the first couple of years after recruiting. For instance, Ohio State got one of the top CBs the first year so I named him Jamario O'Neal and changed his height, weight, and appearance to look like O'Neal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »