Home

EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity?

This is a discussion on EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Securing NCAA Exclusivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
So this means we'll see an EA CFL game too? WOOHOO!.......Oh wait it's EA n/m

Seriously tho I can't believe a company can get away with this. If this was Canada they'd be struck down by the fair competition board.
I think ea bought the cfl rights, I know they bought the afl.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #34

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
why are you guys so outraged?

its not like VC/TT had been making a college football game for years, and are now being ****ted on like EA did with the NFL license.

their hasn't even been any word of a NCAA Football game from VC, that was just speculation. I understand this is some bull****, that is probably going to hurt the industry way more than it helps, but this isn't as crappy as the NFL deal from EA.
People are mad because ea is trying to stop vc from making any kind of football unless it is a generic one. And for you people who say that licenses don't matter, if that was true then ea wouldn't waste all of this money on buying exclusive licenses. People were hoping that vc would be able to make a college football game and if this is true then that kills that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #35

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree. And with the NCAA series from EA already of such high quality any football game from TakeTwo wouldn't have been worthwhile for several years anyways. I know alot of people cite ESPN NFL2K5 as a great game (and it is I agree) but it took years for that game to get to where it is. A college game is so much different than the NFL game they couldn't have simply ported the engine and slapped college logos on it like people seem to think. So because of these reasons this deal is nowhere near the ramifications of the EA/NFL one I don't believe.
If that's the case then why does ea need the exclusivity? Why can't they just let the vc college games be horrible? Simple, vc will get better and soon their game will be at or surpass the level of the current college game. Why would you want ea to get the exclusive ncaa license? How does it hurt you to have an extra choice when buying a college football game?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #36

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
EA isn't a monopoly

VC/TT just bought the rigts to the MLB, might have been a defensive move, but nonetheless it was made. They are taking a bite out of the exclusive licensing pie
The difference is, take two is only shutting out ea(at the current time). you will still be able to choose between other games and if ea makes a console then they will be able to make an mlb game. That's not nearly as limiting or as bad as what ea is doing.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #37
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
For those bringing up competition breeds better games, let me ask a question: NCAA 2004 had no competition and many will argue that it was better than both Madden and ESPN that year. How did that happen?

Whether they have the exclusive rights or not, it's going to come down to the developers. If you really think they're are going to spend a whole year developing a half-a$$ed game, you are mistaken.

This is true but the developers need money to do that. I'm just saying that EA may not be as willing to put a lot of money into upgrading a game when they are the only game in town. The graphics for NCAA have not been updated in years, they are far behind the likes of NFL2K and Madden.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
This is true but the developers need money to do that. I'm just saying that EA may not be as willing to put a lot of money into upgrading a game when they are the only game in town. The graphics for NCAA have not been updated in years, they are far behind the likes of NFL2K and Madden.
You make a good point, but EA Sports alone makes millions upon millions of dollars. Money isn't a problem for them.

Its going to come down to the developers. Bottom line. If they want to put out a quality product. They can. If they choose to improve their game inch by inch, they are going to make some people angry.

But you have to look at their history. They haven't had any competion for the last three years and they are putting out great games which separates itself from the prior year's version. If we were talking about Madden, then there would be no disagreeing with your point.

Madden has a history of not improving their games. NCAA does not.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
You make a good point, but EA Sports alone makes millions upon millions of dollars. Money isn't a problem for them.

Its going to come down to the developers. Bottom line. If they want to put out a quality product. They can. If they choose to improve their game inch by inch, they are going to make some people angry.

But you have to look at their history. They haven't had any competion for the last three years and they are putting out great games which separates itself from the prior year's version. If we were talking about Madden, then there would be no disagreeing with your point.

Madden has a history of not improving their games. NCAA does not.
The series took a few step backwards in 05. I'm sure this won't help any.. EA are sports gamers worst nightmare.. Buy our certain brand of lic sports games or else..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 02-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
The series took a few step backwards in 05. I'm sure this won't help any.. EA are sports gamers worst nightmare.. Buy our certain brand of lic sports games or else..
It took a few steps backwards, but it also took a few steps foward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »