Home

Just Traded In This Dissapointing Game

This is a discussion on Just Traded In This Dissapointing Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #1
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Just Traded In This Dissapointing Game

For a $20 credit towards MVP 2005. Make is $9.99 when it come out. I really liked NCAA 2004, and feel EA really up out a sub-par game in 2005. I had it on PS2 Here is why.

#1. Dropped pass glitch. How annoying is it when good wideouts finish a season with over 20 drops. I also hated the fact that running backs could not catch a screen pass.

#2. Loading issues. Why after every play does it take so long to finish the cut screen? Same things when wanting to view stats between games.

#3. Create a sign mode. Never showed up in my dynasty when I called for it.

#4. Players getting in trouble almost every week. Gets rather old suspending guys each week.

#5. Recruting. Where was the "pipeline" that was advertised. Never got this to work.

#6. Time to upgrade the engine on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Just Traded In This Dissapointing Game

I would agree with you on points #3, and #6 for sure. I experienced #1 to an extent, but no enough to cause me extreme aggrivation. My players got into a bit of trouble, but to the extent that I saw posted by a lot of gamers. I'm pleased with the game, but I'll say I was expecting a LOT more from 2005 than what I got. I still think it's a better game than 2004 overall, but there are definitely some drawbacks to it that make it a bit less "playable" or "fun" than 2004. Here's hoping that 2006 addresses the important things.....
Old 02-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

definitely need to work on the way the screens set up. HB screens and WR screens. they just don't work . and it takes so long for a reverse to develop its stupid. They need the true shovel pass to work as well. it's awful. Signs dont work in my dynasty either. The pipeline system does work , but it needs to let us know when and where it's working . ( i had a pipeline working in the state of florida for about 4 or 5 straight seasons, i was getting nothing but florida recruits.) Also, the HB read plays don't work , its kinda like a stretch play but the lineman turn to get outside and let the defensive tackles right through.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

i had 04 that game was pretty good i thought.but i didnt bother with 05 because i think ea's college game is getting stale and they need to work on it more or something.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
definitely need to work on the way the screens set up. HB screens and WR screens. they just don't work . and it takes so long for a reverse to develop its stupid. They need the true shovel pass to work as well. it's awful. Signs dont work in my dynasty either. The pipeline system does work , but it needs to let us know when and where it's working . ( i had a pipeline working in the state of florida for about 4 or 5 straight seasons, i was getting nothing but florida recruits.) Also, the HB read plays don't work , its kinda like a stretch play but the lineman turn to get outside and let the defensive tackles right through.
the hb read and hb screen plays suck, but i've taken the wr screen for tds many of times (doesn't work against man, can kill a zone). it was a pretty good game from the bells and whistles standpoint (and i love the 70 man rosters), but the offensive ai is bad and the blocking is indeed horible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Rookie

mello's Arena

OVR: 1

I was a little disappointed at first, but I really believe this is the best game ever made (I am VERY biased towards college football, though). I read a lot about the dropped passes and I had a little problem at first but not that much as time went on (I play on Heisman - from the start,and no adjusted sliders). You have to throw high percentage passes and put guys in position to have a better chance at catching it (that's why I think this game is better - you actually have to work to have a good passing game). I ended up getting my QB to be around 60% every year (very realistic - not too high or too low).

Also, I never got the signs to work either but that shouldn't be a big factor, IMO.

As far as pipelines go, it is possible. I eventually got pipelines after many years (again, it's realistic and doesn't happen instantly - it takes time). It'll show a pipeline icon when you are on the state you have developed on to.

Again, I was also disappointed at first ,but I really think this is the best game ever made.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello
I was a little disappointed at first, but I really believe this is the best game ever made (I am VERY biased towards college football, though). I read a lot about the dropped passes and I had a little problem at first but not that much as time went on (I play on Heisman - from the start,and no adjusted sliders). You have to throw high percentage passes and put guys in position to have a better chance at catching it (that's why I think this game is better - you actually have to work to have a good passing game). I ended up getting my QB to be around 60% every year (very realistic - not too high or too low).

Also, I never got the signs to work either but that shouldn't be a big factor, IMO.

As far as pipelines go, it is possible. I eventually got pipelines after many years (again, it's realistic and doesn't happen instantly - it takes time). It'll show a pipeline icon when you are on the state you have developed on to.

Again, I was also disappointed at first ,but I really think this is the best game ever made.
I have to agree with you, I didn't buy this game originally because of the bad reviews on this website, but I thought I'd try it a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The passing game is hard, but I tried it on practice for a few hours and figured out how it works. It's definitely not as easy as the previous versions and I love it for this fact alone, it's a real challenge for me to drive the ball. I found 2004 to be a track meet and it became a little boring having one shootout after the next. I love the tougher defence in this game!!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

These is a great series, but it is a tad disappointing that some of the only issues haven't really been addressed the last few years. My biggest objection is that there are too many drops by open receivers on 5 yard passes, and too many catches on 40 yard bombs into triple coverage. The CPU not running enough and the impotent screen plays also come to mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »