Home

WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #9
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFanatic0404
Because this year you have to actually have skill to play on offense. It wasn't like last year where you could score 35+ points easily. Offense is actually hard this year, and more realistic, but most people want an arcadey game.
Thats probably the reason....
Old 03-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
Pro

truckie16's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
...because the CPU can't pass either. Has nothing to do with skill. The passing game is flawed plain and simple.
Thats it IMO. Most games I played the CPU QB would go 7-28 for 100yds, even if they were a good passing team. I think it kind of ruined running a dynasty/season for a lot of people.
Now with all that being said....I regret trading it in. I owned ESPN, Madden and NCAA and looking back now that the season is over, all of my most exciting football gaming moments came in NCAA. I guess I am a stat guy when I run my seasons cause that is the only thing I really didn't like. Other than the fact they haven't done much with the graphics for a few years now.
In the end when July ? hits I'm getting NCAA 2006 and not a pro game this year.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #11
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

i love the game. my passing is fine but it is the cpu i have a problem with. i have never been out of the top 5 in the country in total d and rushing d. and the passin is them going 12-30 all completions were screens and they get lucky on one longball or two. defense it to easy, but again i do love the game but that is the part that gets me.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #12
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckie16
Thats it IMO. Most games I played the CPU QB would go 7-28 for 100yds, even if they were a good passing team. I think it kind of ruined running a dynasty/season for a lot of people.
Now with all that being said....I regret trading it in. I owned ESPN, Madden and NCAA and looking back now that the season is over, all of my most exciting football gaming moments came in NCAA. I guess I am a stat guy when I run my seasons cause that is the only thing I really didn't like. Other than the fact they haven't done much with the graphics for a few years now.
In the end when July ? hits I'm getting NCAA 2006 and not a pro game this year.
Wow! So even if Madden 2006 seems appealing you're still going to over look it?
Old 03-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #13
Pro

truckie16's Arena

Most likely. Every year I get NCAA and a pro game (Fever in02', Madden in 03', ESPN 2k4 and 5) and I end up playing maybe one season with the pro game 15-20 games max, with NCAA I always do a 2-3 year dynasty with BC and then at least 3-4 seperate single seasons with various other schools.

Now I say most likely bacause if Madden just blows me away then I might get both.

P.S. As an example this year I had all three Madden 12-15 games, ESPN 10-12 and NCAA about 25 or so. Now keep in mind that I only had NCAA for three weeks. I had Madden for 3 months and ESPN the entire season. I'm tired of wasting my money on the pro games.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Tyrell-PMC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckie16
Most likely. Every year I get NCAA and a pro game (Fever in02', Madden in 03', ESPN 2k4 and 5) and I end up playing maybe one season with the pro game 15-20 games max, with NCAA I always do a 2-3 year dynasty with BC and then at least 3-4 seperate single seasons with various other schools.

Now I say most likely bacause if Madden just blows me away then I might get both.

P.S. As an example this year I had all three Madden 12-15 games, ESPN 10-12 and NCAA about 25 or so. Now keep in mind that I only had NCAA for three weeks. I had Madden for 3 months and ESPN the entire season. I'm tired of wasting my money on the pro games.
Why won't you just get NCAA 2006 and Madden 2006?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #15
Pro

truckie16's Arena

Cause I'll only play about 10-15 games of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #16
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

in 2006 if they make the deep ball a little harder & the short passes a little easier I'll be happy, other thing get rid of the speed cheat on KR & PR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »