Home

WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: WHY does everyone hate NCAA 2005?

I expect more from a company that has more development money than God. Maybe if EA spent some money on updating that tired graphics engine instead of pursuing every license known to man, more of us would have been pleased with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #26
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRaynes
Thank You!!!

After spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to fix the CPU passing problem with sliders, from Jistic and Pared, I couldn't live with the top rating passing teams in franchise mode having 38% completion rates.
I definitely feel your pain. This game was a huge disappointment because of the lack of passing. I don't know if it's too much to ask just to have realistic completion percentages. I'm so glad ea had the deal for MVP this year. I couldn't get to the mall any faster to get rid of that garbage. On the other hand I can't seem to get enough of CH2k5. That game is sensational.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 7

It is pretty simple. When you hit wide open people constantly and they drop the ball it is annoying as hell. When a videogame takes control out of your hands and puts into an AI even when you do something 100% right it is flawed. I LOVE good DB AI, coverage is what should dictate the outcome of the passing game. Not your players saying "ewww ball, I don't want it, slap it down".
Old 03-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #28
MVP

jonpt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
...because the CPU can't pass either. Has nothing to do with skill. The passing game is flawed plain and simple.
yeah but I thought the new create-a-sign feature made up for this immensly.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me, there are four major flaws with NCAA 2005

1) If you have an XBOX, the frame rate problems are pretty annoying.

2) The cutscenes you can't skip with the same fans and their stupid signs make a 7 minute quarter game average 1 hour 15 minutes for me. In 2004, I averaged an hour with the same quarter lengths. This isn't too annoying in a single game, but over time it adds up.

3) The CPU passing game is seriously screwed up. I haven't found any combination of sliders that can make it work. This is a serious flaw.

4) The human passing game is flawed. I'm not talking about the people with 20% completion rates because they throw while sprinting backwards all the time. I get 55% completion rates with pocket passing. The problem is that there's no balance between risk and reward based on length of the pass. My completion percentage is poor on short passes, but great on long passes. I would like to be able to run a West Coast dink and dunk offense, but you can't in this game because there are too many drops. However, you can light the scoreboard up by throwing 15+ yard passes every down.

All in all, I certainly don't hate the game. The problem is that (at least for XBOX owners) 2004 is actually better than 2005. Given that NCAA is my most anticipated release every year, it's highly disappointing when the product is inferior. I'll still pre-order 2006 though.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

The game was ruined for me when I saw Florida International in the top 25 recruiting classes after my first year. I have no desire to play a game with nobody teams like North Texas and Fresno State going to BCS games and getting a ton of 5 star recruits. 2004 didn't really have this problem as bad. Although I did enjoy the gameplay in 2005 better.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
The game was ruined for me when I saw Florida International in the top 25 recruiting classes after my first year. I have no desire to play a game with nobody teams like North Texas and Fresno State going to BCS games and getting a ton of 5 star recruits. 2004 didn't really have this problem as bad. Although I did enjoy the gameplay in 2005 better.
Now that is a BIGASS GAMEKILLER right there. I was V.Tech and we went 9-2 one year and I found myself losing recruiting battles with Miami of Ohio!! and they had went 7-4 and they were 5star recruits too. When I start seeing Flordia International and Baylor in the Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl in 2008 we have some serious damn prolblems!!! That turned me off a whole lot and traded it in College Hoops 2k5 and Ratchet and Clank.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFanatic0404
Because this year you have to actually have skill to play on offense. It wasn't like last year where you could score 35+ points easily. Offense is actually hard this year, and more realistic, but most people want an arcadey game.
How is dropping 10 plus catches in a game realistic? Sorry. I'm sure you'll tell me it takes true skill this time to catch a pass. The opposing QB throwing under 40% a game? You must be talking about the 50 yard passes that my WR pulls down in triple coverage half the time. Maybe its the fact I can beat a good team on Heisman using the same defensive play over again. Not glitching either?

Or the 10 yard tipped passes.. Realism & NCAA 05 aren't even in the same stadium buddy..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »