Home

The NCAA is determined to drive NCAA Football into the ground.

This is a discussion on The NCAA is determined to drive NCAA Football into the ground. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
The NCAA is determined to drive NCAA Football into the ground.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sport...ory?id=2014075

Man, they're picky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: The NCAA is determined to drive NCAA Football into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
No i think the word you're looking for is greedy. They need to just pay these kids an be through with it. That's why this flawed BCS is still in use, and probably why EA jumped on the NCAA exclusivity. Probably some loophole we haven't seen yet....
Old 03-16-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

The part of this that is relavant to us NCAA football fans is whether this means the NCAA is going to force EA to remove the ablilty to edit names and jerseys #'s. I believe I read in a review of this year's MM that EA has placed limits on the number of teams you can edit, I hope this isn't going to happen to the NCAA fb series as well.

From a strictly legalistic p.o.v., the NCAA would be within it's rights to go after anyone who was selling rosters with actual player names (but not rosters with made up names). I don't believe, however, that they can force EA to remove the entire editable rosters feature.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

Ya, in this year's March Madness you can only edit 23 teams!!! There are over 300 teams in the game. When I found this out (AFTER I bought it, stupid EA) I was so pissed I returned it and got the ESPN College Hoops. I think EA just didn't have enough time or memory for you to name all the players. Just my guess, maybe they were lazy also!

If this happens in NCAA 2006, it will KILL the game in my opinion. I don't start my dynasty till after I get the roster, and it helps me recognize the names of Offensive and Defensive Lineman for my team, so I know who they are when I see the real games.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird

PS - The NCAA can go H.E. Double Hockey Sticks!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't believe, however, that they can force EA to remove the entire editable rosters feature.
Nah... the EA/Take 2 lawyers would eat them alive.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHokieBird
ESPN College Hoops
You saw that on the shelves and still bought MM...???
Old 03-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHokieBird
Ya, in this year's March Madness you can only edit 23 teams!!! There are over 300 teams in the game. When I found this out (AFTER I bought it, stupid EA) I was so pissed I returned it and got the ESPN College Hoops. I think EA just didn't have enough time or memory for you to name all the players. Just my guess, maybe they were lazy also!
Question:was there a limit on the number of teams you could edit in the previous editions of MM? If not, that would lead me to believe that maybe this isn't a game design or memory issue at all, but rather a concious choice by the folks at EA. Could the NCAA have asked that they either remove or strictly limit the roster editing feature?

If EA does something like this w/NCAA fb 2006, I'm not sure I would buy the game.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #8
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

i think the reason you could only edit 32 teams 12 players per, was due to the fact EA used a new player editing model, not some new NCAA policy. if that was the case T2 wouldn't have been able to have the feature. This year's player edit was set up more like tiger woods than say the MM 2004 model with set player faces. this year you could edit cheek size, nose width, small details which my guess takes more space to save then say 9 pre-created player models?

but how can you legally prove without a doubt that #1 6'9 SF on syracuse is Warrick and not tom jones? i think the NCAA, and rightfully so, is targeting the jerseys with these kids names on it, that to me is more wrong than anything the videogame industry has done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »