Home

Customized Defenses: Who has them?

This is a discussion on Customized Defenses: Who has them? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Customized Defenses: Who has them?

We have limited choices as to what defense we run, but I know there are creative, strategic minds on here like myself. How do you make a defense all your own? Here's mine.

The Short One's Six Man Front, Modified 4-3

In this defense, I do a number of things: I feign a substantial blitz package; I put enough defenders along the LOS to string out lateral runners and options; I put eight men in the box without giving up too much in the passing game.

There are, of course, variations of this based upon the formation, but for the sake of this post, I will only post the very most base aspect of it.

First shift the DL to the right and then move the RT and RE one man left; next, shift the LBs left. Move the LOLB up onto the LOS like a standing DE and then stack the remaining two backers on the guards. Center the FS and move the SS up onto the LOS on the right of the RE, again like a standing DE.

This is a cover three zone defense and the SS usually has a very short zone as a result.
Code:

F

CB                           B       B                                   CB
                             B    E      T    T     E    S
          X                       T   G   C   G   T   E                        Z
I recently played my buddy in the national title game (Year 7; Heisman; Three Man Dynasty). He is Florida State is all about speed. As a result, he runs laterally most of the time whether it be on bounced leads or speed options. I used the defense anytime he was in a two receiver set and held his Walker award winning tailback to 12 yards on 10 carries. His 89 SPD QB was held to negative yardage. On options, it was strung out to the sideline and on leads and sweeps, the same thing happened or he reversed field and lost yardage. I have used the defense for several seasons now, but this was the first time I had gotten the opportunity to use it against a human opponent and I couldn't have chosen a better one to test it on.

I won the contest 49-20 to win my second title in seven seasons.

Does anyone else have any ideas to customize a defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »