Home

Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005?

My problem with HFA is you can't take the crowd out of the game until the middle to late 4th quarter.

I can't count how many times I've gone up by 28 - 30+ points and the crowd is barely making a sound yet when I try to call an audible or hot route and I get "oh this crowd is in a frenzy" and my players can't hear my QB.

There are other things but thats the main one. HFA is a huge part of college football and I think it's a great idea but it needs a lot of refinement on EA's part if they're going to have it impact gameplay as much as it does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #26
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Now conspiracy theory question. Did EA purposely sabotage this game in order to gain sales for 2006? Simply put, we all know(or at those of us who are not such blind EA fans to admit it) NCAA 2004 was light years better than 2005 in nearly every facet. I seem to remember hearing some saying they weren't going to buy 2005, and they would just update their 2004. ...
Maybe my imagination is just running wild....
I can't imagine they'd screw up a game on purpose, but the fact of the matter is NCAA 2005 is complete trash when compared to 2004. NCAA online is completely dead this year, as opposed to the same time last year, so it's not just my opinion. All I know is I have never held out greater hope for a video game than I do for NCAA 2006 because I really, really love the NCAA series and the only way I can survive another day is by clinging to the hope that there will be a great can't-put-it-down NCAA game just months away.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #27
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg871
You are such a douch. Players never drop balls in real life? With slider adjustments and USERCATCHING you will have about 1-2 drops per game. It takes practice, but you most likely arent willing to do that. You dont need 2006 if you are just gonna complain like you most likey will.
/rant
Hey genius, and I used that term very loosely, read my post(s). I never said there shouldn't be any drop, I said there are too many. Furthermore, you don't think myself and thousands of others have tried user catching and slider adjustments??? I've been playing this particular NCAA series since 1998, I know as do most other what I'm talking about.

But I guess you are just a better gamer than the rest of us.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #28
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They are not even in the same state, the NCAA team is in California and the Madden team is in Florida. And this topic is pretty conspiracy theorist...2004 is better than 2005 in a few ways (mainly playbooks IMO) but 2005 is superior to 2004 in alot more areas. When taken as a package, especially considering the hugely improved defense, which is in itself reason enough to never go back playing last years version, 2005 is quite clearly overall a vastly better game than 2004.
Really ODogg? I thought back in 2004 (June) that GameSpot took their cameras through the Florida tiburon facility, and visited the Madden and NCAA offices in the same building? You might be right, I don't know- perhaps they visited both offices with the same guy and just linked the film, I don't know.

Either way, its odd that the WR head tracking is in one game and not the other, yet using the same engine. One feeling I got a bit too much in NCAA 2005 was the "Vanilla-Ness" of the playbooks on both sides of the ball. Plus- after playing Madden and using its advanced defensive control options, I felt naked defensively when going back to NCAA 2005.

But on the bigger issue- I don't think EA would sabotage the product. I think all of their games are a serious graphic upgrade away from 40% less people complaining in most years.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The idea that EA would sabotage 2005 are laughable.

However, I did feel 2005 was a step back.

My biggest problems, were the horrid XBOX framerates, and the CPU's complete lack of ability to complete any passes, other than bombs. How many games did the CPU go 11/35 for 250 yds? I think the HFA as far as WR's dropping the ball was a little over done. I like the idea of HFA and playing veteran players, but I think there is a game balance issue. Look at a school like USC. How many of their skill players were upperclassmen? None...
Old 04-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Bigdawg and Stoncold, cut the name calling and bickering. This is your one and only warning.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 10

In my opinion NCAA 2005 was a perfect example of one of my main complaints with EA.

When fans wan't a harder game, rather then making the appropriate changes to the AI, EA cheats to make it harder.

The dropped balls are a perfect example of that.

It like the leaping LBS in Madden, or the jetpack cbs, or the psychic computer AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

My biggest problems, were the horrid XBOX framerates
I fully expect that problem to be fixed with this years game. I have a feeling that was one of the top priorities on their list of things that needed to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »