Home

Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Did EA purposely sabotage NCAA 2005?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike586corleone
i just hope ea implements a conference prestige or something. i am sick and tired of seeing north texas and so miss as six star programs bringing home top 10 recruiting classes. c'mon ea this problem has been since 2002 fix it already.
Actually I don't think it's as bad as it was before............ they kinda "corrected" that problem by giving the overachiever team a whole bunch of ranked teams to play........

And at first, I was wondering why EA always tried to give my custom Alaska team an A+ schedule (in the "locked" schedule!) everytime I won more than 8 games.

In a couple of years, those overachievers are normally back where they belong, at least in my experiences......... it's not like in 2003 when you CONSTANTLY had 6 Texas teams (like Rice, UTEP) in the top 10......... they've come a long way in that dept, at least in my opinion.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #42
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah last year IGN mailbag someone asked why they didn't share information (actually I believe the head tracking issue was the example cited) and IGN said that NCAA team was in Cali and Madden team is in Florida. They also said the 2 teams are very competitive and don't share their information except for basic interfacing. It's almost as if it's like 2 little separate companies within a company.

I agree it's dumb it's like that, they should both share their best info and work together but I guess EA figures that if they compete with each other to try to one-up each other then it helps the product.

OMG wait, there's not any competition anymore..j/k...there actually is only it's internal not external.

They didn't screw up the game on purpose, but EA has acknowledged that NCAA 2005 was less than stellar. Also, EA Tiburon in Orlando produces Madden, NCAA, Nascar, and NFL Street. The EA studio in Canada handles the other sports titles such as NBA Live, March Madness, etc. EA's corporate headquarters are in the San Francisco Bay area, no actual game production goes on there.

Last edited by ADW; 04-07-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
They didn't screw up the game on purpose, but EA has acknowledged that NCAA 2005 was less than stellar.
Not being argumentative, but can you provide a link to this or more details? I say this because I haven't seen any acknowledgements of this sort (although god knows I easily could've missed them) and it takes practically an Act of Congress to get a game company to admit to a mistake or that their game is anything but incredible.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #44
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
They didn't screw up the game on purpose, but EA has acknowledged that NCAA 2005 was less than stellar.
I haven't seen any acknowledgement from EA about this. I'd like to know if it's true.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
wow you are guys vastly over critical. the way you all talk it sounds as if the game was unplayable, which is not the truth. did it have some problems, of course, but so does every video game made. i personally felt that the running game in ncaa 2005 is the best running game in any football game. i could read the holes and get through them, it was pretty cool. i still played this game more than any of the football games this year and i had all of them. to each his own i guess.
Was un playable for me. 2004 was the best football game on the market 2 yrs ago. I heard EA put some new talent in for 2005. Thats probally what started the problem. EA didn't do this on purpose. NCAA running game is alright, but maintains its older brothers (Madden) problems. The slowdown was BS. How EA didn't see this is beyond me. I really hope 2006 is a great game. Nothing beats the feel of college atmosphere..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg871
You are such a douch. Players never drop balls in real life? With slider adjustments and USERCATCHING you will have about 1-2 drops per game. It takes practice, but you most likely arent willing to do that. You dont need 2006 if you are just gonna complain like you most likey will.
/rant
I had user catching, & maxed out the sliders & both me & my AI counterpart just completed 3 pass's total. I was like 2-17 the Rice QB was 1-18.. 2nd highest difficulty.. I was SJSU by the way..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #47
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
I haven't seen any acknowledgement from EA about this. I'd like to know if it's true.
This was passed along to me via my contacts at EA. I at one time worked in the interactive entertainment industry.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:36 AM   #48
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

The thing that I dont understand is why EA didnt release a patch on xbox live that could of fixed the slowdown for Ncaa and the fatigue glitch for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »