Home

NCAA Player Names?

This is a discussion on NCAA Player Names? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Player Names?
1 179 43.66%
2 46 11.22%
3 33 8.05%
4 28 6.83%
5 124 30.24%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #33
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Player Names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
You can't play it? Do you start to twitch and foam at the mouth when you begin to play a game when the players names aren't edited?
playing without names is annoying but I could deal...playing where Michigan had a 5'10 black, option QB and ran the wishbone would piss me off....
Old 04-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

For the people who act as if not having the names are big deal, one point is the stats. Looking at seasonal stats and seeing QB #7, QB #10, QB #8, QB #7, bleh.....how can anyone live with that?

As Smitty22 said, maybe it's because we've used the names we couldn't go back to it but alot of people I know don't use the names so it's no big deal. Kinda like TV Remotes. It's no big deal having to have a remote until you've had one, imagine going back to tv without a remote after using one for years.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For the people who act as if not having the names are big deal, one point is the stats. Looking at seasonal stats and seeing QB #7, QB #10, QB #8, QB #7, bleh.....how can anyone live with that?

As Smitty22 said, maybe it's because we've used the names we couldn't go back to it but alot of people I know don't use the names so it's no big deal. Kinda like TV Remotes. It's no big deal having to have a remote until you've had one, imagine going back to tv without a remote after using one for years.
You know what? I'm sold, because you're analogy really spoke to me. If I had to live without a remote, I would stop watching TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 12:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
playing without names is annoying but I could deal...playing where Michigan had a 5'10 black, option QB and ran the wishbone would piss me off....
One more time, what makes you think that they would make whole sale changes like this? It's player likenesses, not team characteristics. At the most, all EA would do is not let you edit the names of the players. I'll bet anything that you will be able to edit height, weight, number, all the gear, and even skin color.

Jesus H freakin Christ, it seems that at least 90% of the guys on here are taking the chicken little stance to this.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
You know what? I'm sold, because you're analogy really spoke to me. If I had to live without a remote, I would stop watching TV.
lol
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would EA get rid of the fictitious names or just the ablity to change names in the game. I would not buy it if the fictitious names were not there. I can understand the NCAA not wanting us to edit the names of current players but I would find it absurd to stop the randumly generated names.

Imagine playing in year 6 of your Dynasty and still hearing HB number 23 runs for a six yard gain tackled by FS number 17.

That would be terrible.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 AM   #39
Pro

jmill703's Arena

OVR: 6

So the student atheletes are to blame....

Wow they get anything they want on campus while I have to Nickle & Dime my way through college.

Now they are ruining one of my favorite games because they wanna get paid so they can buy more shoes and clothes.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #40
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Leaving the names out can be and has been dealt with. We have gracious and dedicated people who are willing to enter them for us. As far as likenesses, thats a whole different story. I don't want a bunch of guys who I can't even match up to a guy that I watch on Saturday. Thats just silly. On another note, there are plenty more things that need dealing with as far as gameplay. It would also be nice to get all the 1-AA teams and some more mascots though.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »