Home

Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

This is a discussion on Let's do something, even if it doesn't work. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Let's do something, even if it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
We have a choice in our electricity supplier because that's what's fair. Maybe New Yorkers don't choose to put up with as much unfair cr*p as some other states.
How is it people putting up with "unfair crap"? I don't think it's unfair, it's business. I'm willing to bet what I pay is less then what you pay even with "unfair" companies.

Quote:
Oh, I didn't realise that EA chose to make less money.
Somehow or another I don't think they made less money.

Quote:
Still too high for the consumer. I'm sure most people would agree that $30 is a fairer price.
Wait, so if you owned a for profit business and could charge a higher price, you wouldn't? I feel sorry for anyone that gets into business with you.

Quote:
Thanks for making me realise that. It'll be much more fun than buying NFL 2k6.
No problem, glad I could help.

If you feel so strongly about this, why not get some people together, and hire a lawyer. If they case is as open and shut as you say it is, you should be able to find one willing to work pro-bono. Then just charge the fees to EA.

Last edited by Chaos81; 04-12-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #34
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Anyone who wants to boycott should do so.

However, there is no legal recourse available. This has tons of precedent .... exclusive licenses are everywhere. Sports gamers have enjoyed a unique situation, but it was never a legally protected one.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Somehow or another I don't think they made less money.
Wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/sports/ma...s_6117066.html

Quote:
Wait, so if you owned a for profit buisness and could charge a higher price, you wouldn't? I feel sorry for anyone that gets into buisness with you.
I've been talking all along from a consumers perspective, and what is fair. Of course companies will try to make as much money as they can.

Quote:
If you feel so strongly about this, why not get some people together, and hire a lawyer. If they case is as open and shut as you say it is, you should be able to find one willing to work pro-bono. Then just charge the fees to EA.
Read my thread title. I'm not exactly over-optimistic about beating this unfair travesty. I just want to try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Anyone who wants to boycott should do so.

However, there is no legal recourse available. This has tons of precedent .... exclusive licenses are everywhere. Sports gamers have enjoyed a unique situation, but it was never a legally protected one.
I only wanted to try to do something else to help the cause man. You never know. Fighting the power sometimes works. I don't think I've ever seen something quite this unfair to the consumer.

It's got the knock on effect equivelent to Mac Donalds stopping Burger King from making Burgers. Yeah; some would be happy.

It can't be overstated how much these deals are going to affect the consumer; like nothing in recent memory.

Last edited by hayvis; 04-12-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
So you really think the price caused them to make $3 million less? Not to mention, $3 million when you think of how much they make over a year, is next to nothing.

Quote:
I've been talking all along from a consumers perspective, and what is fair. Of course companies will try to make as much money as they can.
So if a company can charge a price and make their money, why shouldn't they? Because it's not "fair" to you? Yet again It wouldn't be "fair" for them to lower their prices. If people are stupid enough to pay higher then they want to for something, that is their fault.

Let me guess, you don't shop at Wal-Mart?

Quote:
Read my thread title. I'm not exactly over-optimistic about beating this unfair travesty. I just want to try.
So go out and try, instead of sitting on an internet forum. Seeing as it's probably about half and half on this forum, you probably aren't even touching a .01 of the video game public who buy theses games. If you really want to try, do something somewhere else.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #38
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
Nothing wrong with exlusivity agreements until prices get out of hand? LOL!!! What about the lack of choice? What about the lack of incentive to improve? Exclusivity hurts the consumer.
Stop right there. You have a choice to purchase or not purchase. You are in no way being hurt by lack of innovation or choice.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

Personally I would like the Government to use my tax dollars for more useful things. They all ready wasted money going after Microsoft. The only way to hurt big business is with your wallet, yet since you plan to buy the games there is no point. As for Mcdonalds and Burger King, Burger King almost lost everything trying to compete with Mcdonalds. In fact there is only one BK in the city of Pittsburgh.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #40
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
Personally I would like the Government to use my tax dollars for more useful things. They all ready wasted money going after Microsoft. The only way to hurt big business is with your wallet, yet since you plan to buy the games there is no point. As for Mcdonalds and Burger King, Burger King almost lost everything trying to compete with Mcdonalds. In fact there is only one BK in the city of Pittsburgh.

Applause ^

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »