Home

Probably old news to many

This is a discussion on Probably old news to many within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Probably old news to many

but i'll share anyway. I just recently purchased a ps2. (own xbox) For the heck of it I bought NCAA Football 2005 for it and i'm so glad I did. It plays one hundred million times better on Ps2. It's sooo smooth, it's like a completely different game.

If anyone has both systems and only has ncaa for xbox, do yourself a favor and trade it in for the ps2 version. The difference is like night and day. It's crap on the box, and pure football gaming heaven on the ps2.

How EA screwed the xbox version up that bad is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Probably old news to many

I agree, NCAA 2005 is the best football game this year and that is only true if you buy it on the PS2. If you got an Xbox it's not as good because of the programming error which creates that slowdown, although by no means is it unplayable as some people imply..
Old 04-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, NCAA 2005 is the best football game this year and that is only true if you buy it on the PS2. If you got an Xbox it's not as good because of the programming error which creates that slowdown, although by no means is it unplayable as some people imply..
I have an XBOX but I have the Top Spin/NCAA 2005 bundle disc and I don't experience any slowdown, and it plays great. I do have a PS2 (3 of them to be exact) but I can't play any of them because they all have bad lasers , so I'll never know if PS2 is better
Old 04-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb_43
I have an XBOX but I have the Top Spin/NCAA 2005 bundle disc and I don't experience any slowdown, and it plays great. I do have a PS2 (3 of them to be exact) but I can't play any of them because they all have bad lasers , so I'll never know if PS2 is better
Man, what are the odds of getting three bad PS2's? You must have played the hell out of those things. I've had the same one going on 4 years now and have not had a single problem.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb_43
I do have a PS2 (3 of them to be exact) but I can't play any of them because they all have bad lasers , so I'll never know if PS2 is better
Why don't you send them back to Sony and have them fixed? They don't charge you anything and it only takes a week to get it fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
but i'll share anyway. I just recently purchased a ps2. (own xbox) For the heck of it I bought NCAA Football 2005 for it and i'm so glad I did. It plays one hundred million times better on Ps2. It's sooo smooth, it's like a completely different game.

If anyone has both systems and only has ncaa for xbox, do yourself a favor and trade it in for the ps2 version. The difference is like night and day. It's crap on the box, and pure football gaming heaven on the ps2.

How EA screwed the xbox version up that bad is beyond me.

Same is true for Madden as well! Sucks on XBOX, great on PS2. This is because EA develop their games for PS2 and then port them over to the XBOX. NCAA had the slow-down & Madden played in super-fast mode on XBOX. The only game that seems to port over to xbox well is MVP baseball. I only buy EA games on PS2 now for that reason.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
05 is unplayable if you are looking for a somewhat realistic football experience. I'll say this for the 100th time. Having the opposing QB complete 30-40% of his passes isn't fun.. Doesn't matter what difficulty I'm on, no matter how far I have the sliders in their favor. Getting stats like 10-30 220 yards.. Isn't fun. Highly rated players dropping balls by the dozen isn't fun.. 10 yard tipped balls isn't fun.. Catching bombs in triple coverage isn't fun. Awful Xbox slowdown isn't fun. I guess I'm not big enough to over look these glaring issues. But when ppl replay back with, well, these are minor problems, I shake my head.

What good the game offered was drowned out by the many problems NCAA had. I never seen a sports title go from being so good to nearly unplayable in a yrs length..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
05 is unplayable if you are looking for a somewhat realistic football experience. I'll say this for the 100th time. Having the opposing QB complete 30-40% of his passes isn't fun.. Doesn't matter what difficulty I'm on, no matter how far I have the sliders in their favor. Getting stats like 10-30 220 yards.. Isn't fun. Highly rated players dropping balls by the dozen isn't fun.. 10 yard tipped balls isn't fun.. Catching bombs in triple coverage isn't fun. Awful Xbox slowdown isn't fun. I guess I'm not big enough to over look these glaring issues. But when ppl replay back with, well, these are minor problems, I shake my head.

What good the game offered was drowned out by the many problems NCAA had. I never seen a sports title go from being so good to nearly unplayable in a yrs length..
Yep. . . this my opinion of 05 also. It just was more frustrating than fun last year, and it sort of soured my football gaming for 2004. I shifted my attention to NHL 2K5 and wasn't disappointed. For the first time in my life I played an entire NHL season in any game.

Hopefully, the NCAA people will have addressed all these issues so that the game regains its fun factor.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »