Home

IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

This is a discussion on IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 27
Re: IGN preview of NCAA 06 is up..

I already know this game is going to be good. Why? Because the first screenshot on IGN they show is of a Nebraska player taking care of business against a KSUcks player...the way it should be
Old 04-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I think its cool that if you want to you can become a coach after your career is over.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:33 PM   #11
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

I hate to be negative, but what is it with EA and the color white? They just have a strong aversion to white facemasks, I'll never understand why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Fixed the link for you.
Thanks, buddy..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-14-2005, 02:53 AM   #13
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Hmm, not bad for limited info. Hopefully they'll work out a majority of the problems from last year's game, esp the Xbox version.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think EA Sports needs to do some basic marketing: the person interviewed for the IGN video says the new Be A Legend mode tailors to kids wanting to be a professional athlete. Sorry, but what's the average age of the die hard NCAA gamer?

Like 26.

My dreams of professional sports flamed out years ago. Now I play NCAA to recreate my feelings as a fan in a video game. I want to see Florida State destroy Florida at Doak, instead of seeing them go down in Zook's last game. I want Chris Rix not to suck. What I don't want is this: inserting myself as some hotshot running back or safety.

I'm not buying the game for some "wouldn't it be cool if I..." factor. Anyone else agree?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #15
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles_acc
I think EA Sports needs to do some basic marketing: the person interviewed for the IGN video says the new Be A Legend mode tailors to kids wanting to be a professional athlete. Sorry, but what's the average age of the die hard NCAA gamer?

Like 26.

My dreams of professional sports flamed out years ago. Now I play NCAA to recreate my feelings as a fan in a video game. I want to see Florida State destroy Florida at Doak, instead of seeing them go down in Zook's last game. I want Chris Rix not to suck. What I don't want is this: inserting myself as some hotshot running back or safety.

I'm not buying the game for some "wouldn't it be cool if I..." factor. Anyone else agree?
I agree 100%. Give me the field - give me better playbooks. Give me improved offensive line blocking. Fix the deep ball, overhaul HFA. You can keep create-a-tailgater and decorate your dorm room and the mini games that get old after one week. That's not to say they won't fix that stuff in 06 but EA's rap is gimmicks over gameplay in every other series except NCAA. NCAA had its gimmicks too but the gameplay always covered them up or made them just nice little extras. Now NCAA needs to step up on the field after many people's general dissappointment over 05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbsinator
I already know this game is going to be good. Why? Because the first screenshot on IGN they show is of a Nebraska player taking care of business against a KSUcks player...the way it should be
From the screenshots I've seen, they appear to have fixed the teeny-tiny jersey numbers from 05. If they fix my Coogs jerseys as well, I'll have no graphics related complaints this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »