Home

How lame.

This is a discussion on How lame. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #25
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
It's just disapointing that the first thing they give info on is a gimicky mode that has nothing to do with the gameplay. The only thing that's new if you think about it, is the trophy presentation/suspense. At least for Madden they introduced the Vision Passing or whatever it's called, which sounds great and is a major addition to the gameplay. Of course, we already know that NCAA will not include this new feature, because, as always, EA insists on making NCAA an inferior version of their pro title - unlike VC, who don't mind if their college game turns out to be the better of the two.

It's time for a completely new engine, and I don't see it (based on 1 screenshot). It's been the same engine since the introduction of the PS2, with minor tweeks and upgrades over many years. But I'm tired of the same game by now, and some gimicky gamemode (which makes no sense to me) will not make me more eager for this title. It's a shame that EA will have no competition for football. Their best years often happen when they responded to somebody else raising the bar the year before - like when Gameday started using polygons for the first time and EA responded the next year. If you're going to be the only game in town for both pro and college football, step up to the plate and amaze us. It is early, so I haven't lost hope that it may be a good game, but from what their pattern, I have low expectations.
so u want a brand new engine when it is going to be the last version that will be made for xbox, that would just not make much sense.
mlb- boston redsox
nhl- carolina hurricanes
ncaa- east carolina pirates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 12:48 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Funny how EA seems to think that more gimmicks is the way to sell their game. As if home field advantage wasn't bad enough? Now we have the Chase for the Heisman. ...Sorry Race for the Heisman; I got confused with the NASCAR chase for the cup idea that they obviously just took directly.

All I wanted to hear was something simple. That the bugs were fixed particularly in the Xbox version, and they come out with this crapola.
Imagine if EA released the, No more dropped balls feature.. The headlines.. EA fixes the Dropped ball bug.. Seriously, EA markets their products to the casual gamer first, hardcore gamer last.. Fluff comes first to get the sheeple excited.. Then the gameplay improvent follows to get the Hardcore crowd excited

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Personally, I don't see the point of this, they just need to build off last years games, getting better graphics..etc, not adding this mode, I don't think this is the ideal direction to take the series...
Old 04-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Yep thats the way it goes. we wont know if its any good till people actually get to play it at E3 and before release. Until then people do have a right to criticize EA for last years effort - for most the game was a letdown and all the gimmicks and fluff that they always release first makes people skeptical. Myself included.

I never doubted that NCAA would be a good game until this year because of 05. And like others the create-a-cheerleader and decorate a dorm room always stick out as the crap EA always feeds us. Truth is i always took the crap with the stuff that mattered on the field - cause on the field was never as much of an issue is it is now. Every year got better until last year.
You wont find out anything from E3 since they dont always, if ever, let people try the game on Heisman or AA modes.

This is garbage. Im sorry. I thought theyd bounce back but this gay new stufff theyve added makes any improvement hard to stomach. Imagine where it was in 2004 relative to where it is now. This series has officially jumped the shark. Why not just come up with some excuse to put some Crazy Taxi spinoff in there. And the fact that EA started off with this with so many pissed off from last year, is a very dumb move. Now they have even more to prove. Way to go EA
Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is a great feature that people have been clamoring to get for years. I don't know how many times the entire "create a player and see if you can make a team, then follow his career from college to pros" has come up in both these forums and other football forums. I really look forward to seeing if I can take a QB or WR and get the Heisman or heck even just get drafted into Madden!

I agree with you guys though that alot of the flaws from 2005 should be fixed too but realistically how would you guys have liked to seen information on the big day be "uhh our big news is we've tweaked the game engine so alot of the previous annoyances are corrected". If they would have done that there would have been mass outrage. The new info day is not for that sort of thing, it is for new features. Get real!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:17 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is a great feature that people have been clamoring to get for years. I don't know how many times the entire "create a player and see if you can make a team, then follow his career from college to pros" has come up in both these forums and other football forums. I really look forward to seeing if I can take a QB or WR and get the Heisman or heck even just get drafted into Madden!

I agree with you guys though that alot of the flaws from 2005 should be fixed too but realistically how would you guys have liked to seen information on the big day be "uhh our big news is we've tweaked the game engine so alot of the previous annoyances are corrected". If they would have done that there would have been mass outrage. The new info day is not for that sort of thing, it is for new features. Get real!
Yes, I do expect that especially when the new gimmick is so ********.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:29 AM   #31
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsu280
Personally, I don't see the point of this, they just need to build off last years games, getting better graphics..etc, not adding this mode, I don't think this is the ideal direction to take the series...
So they should release last year's game with bug fixes and new rosters?

Isn't that what they always get attacked for?

You people are confusing ....
Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Yes, I do expect that especially when the new gimmick is so ********.
I'm still thinking about all the hot GF's I'll have in my dorm room when my created player does really well!! Too be fair. Crib mode blew chunks too.. EA & VC both don't get it..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »