Home

So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism?

This is a discussion on So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #17
Rookie

ATrainIU24's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism?

I'm excited. But then again I'm always excited about NCAA.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

You guys that are so negative are ridiculous. Last year's game did have the passing problem but I enjoyed playing the game just as much as any other year. You gripe about home field advantage and the suspensions yet both are a very real part of college football. I don't know how many times you see someone just absolutely go in a slump or someone be totally on fire in a game and EA created that exact real situation. The suspensions may have been a bit on the extreme side as far as the number for each team each year but I also like this feature to make the game more REAL.

As far as the Race for the Heisman mode, I love it. There are many of us that just for the fun of it like to put ourselves in the game and see what kind of stats we can get. It's fun to do and afterall isn't the reason we play video games is for fun?

Every year we have been asking EA for more realistic features and when they do it you all gripe them out. Be happy they are trying to give us what we want and that we have more than what we had growing up as far as a football game.

If you don't like a feature then just turn it off or don't play that mode but let the rest of us who do enjoy that feature or mode use it and enjoy the game in our own unique way.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #19
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Pure pessimism...not even skeptical. I have 0 expectations for this now. I still cant believe they put this garbage in there. In fact, the very idea that this is in the game annoys me to the point where I may not get it. This ranks up there with having Julie Foudy announce in FIFA and having womens final four included with the mens college basketball game back in the PS1 days...except its worse.

Is this a joke? You have lost control man get a grip! It was one damn article that did not address the changes made in the game, honestly relax, and once again if you don't want it don't get it, EA isn't going to care if you buy the game or not.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Im not feeling to good about the game this year.

To me, 2004 was one of the top 3 football games I have ever played.

2005 was a HUGE step back in the gameplay department.

I was really hoping that they would come back with something huge for this year.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
Im not feeling to good about the game this year.

To me, 2004 was one of the top 3 football games I have ever played.

2005 was a HUGE step back in the gameplay department.

I was really hoping that they would come back with something huge for this year.
I'm not too thrilled with this RftH stuff myself, but since it has been stated that it's in addition to the current Dynasty mode(as opposed to replacing it) it isn't that big a deal to me. Let's see what other things EA has in store before we pass judgement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 07:52 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Is this a joke? You have lost control man get a grip! It was one damn article that did not address the changes made in the game, honestly relax, and once again if you don't want it don't get it, EA isn't going to care if you buy the game or not.
No they wont care if there are enough lemmings like you.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #23
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

um right a lemming. It always amuses me that those that dislike games are always the smart ones while those that like the game automatically become sheep. Keep complaining about a game you know nothing about, I choose to be positive, but guess what its my opinion so don't make this a personal attack by calling names.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #24
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
No they wont care if there are enough lemmings like you.
So, by lemmings you mean people that aren't so closed minded that they base their opinion of a whole game on one little feature? You sound the like the blind lemming to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »