Home

So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism?

This is a discussion on So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #49
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySS
Well my wife will be happy to know that I'm not the only one who does this for NCAA.
lol. theres lots of us man. See who's on that line usually at Gamestop - grown men, guys in suits with all night and all day off the next day just to sit in a chair with some beers and dig into some good ole college football in JULY!

Not this year. I'm gonna wait. I noticed theres no pre-order rush yet, though it usually starts in May and June. That will be a good indication of where people stand too.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I think a large majority of us are looking at this year a little different than in years past awaiting the newest NCAA game.

I was letdown personally by last years version. For the first time in the series history...the game seemed to take a HUGE step backward in the gameplay dept....the only aspect that truly matters to a 27 year old NCAA fanatic like myself.

With that being said...I'm probably more skeptical than "excited" for NCAA this year..first time I've ever felt like that before as far as NCAA goes too.

What about the rest of you?

Are you A: As pumped as ever for NCAA, bring on E3!

or are you B: "Cautiously optimistic" or worse yet "Skeptical" on whether or not the programmers can "deliver the goods" this year?
I am a little bit ...not skeptical but gunshy. The good news is that I was skeptical of college hoops this year, and it was the best. So I'm just waiting to hear/see more info. Last year's game really hurt. NCAA has always been my favorite GAME period. I have all the older versions still but actually traded in 2005. I've never NOT played an NCAA football so much in my life. It it sucks again...well it'll just suck.

But I'm hoping with a new producer they get the on the field stuff fixed, the rest of the fluff....meh, don't care.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #51
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerace
Well hopefully I can post this here w/o being banned (unlike MM).
Hah you're not the first. Theres a nice collection of OSers in that non-fanboy club of madden sites with itchy trigger fingers on guys who call them out for being partial to everything EA/Madden.

I'm no EA ***** by any means. I love NCAA football and enjoy MVP baseball but like any game company (blizzard, SOE, EA) when they do things i dont like or make absolutely zero sense i'll call them out on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #52
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I'm no EA ***** by any means. I love NCAA football and enjoy MVP baseball but like any game company (blizzard, SOE, EA) when they do things i dont like or make absolutely zero sense i'll call them out on it.
You are preaching to the choir with that Bro. I just cancelled my WoW account (after starting from beta 2 and buying it on relase day) due to how Blizzard is running the game. It is a great game in theory, they are just slowly draining the fun out of it. Well lets not even talk about SOE, hehe. Actually if EA can't make HUGE head ways with NCAA 2006 this year then they are going to start moving into the SOE realm of idiotic companies.

ok sorry for the hijack..back to NCAA 2006 talk now.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #53
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon11 Re: So what's the general consensus? Excitement or Skepticism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I don't care for new features..I just want NCAA 2004 with roster updates.
HERE HERE Nivek! I am totally skeptical after the fiasco for the X-Box version of 2005.If the slowdown isn't fixed along with some improvements in the passing game I will be passing on 2006!I have never been less excited for a new college football game EVER.EA is going to have to do something really special to get my money this year.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #54
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

While I haven't made any judgements on the game, I am no where near as excited as I was 2 years ago waiting for 2004. Infact I am not really excited at all. I never get into individual awards.....I am more interested in the team aspect. And I prefer realism as opposed to putting myself in the game. So the first announcement didn't really get me fired up. Maybe the future announcements will. If not, I'll be content to play 2004 another year....I still have plenty of rivalry trophies yet to claim.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #55
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm very skeptical. This will be the first year that I haven't pre-ordered NCAA in years. If they have fixed the slowdown and the DB play, then I will buy the game on release day after reading reviews and impressions. If these problems haven't been fixed, then I will wait for full named rosters, go to blockbuster, and get some draft classes for Madden. EA should have come out with NCAA 2006 and said "There is no more slowdown for NCAA" just like they came out with MVP2005 and said "Left Handed Hitters can now hit homeruns", but they instead show us some hokey baloney that wows the same people who said that five minute quarters are too long in Madden, or nine innings is too long for a baseball game, let's make it five innings for a ranked game instead. EA has slowly began to cater more to the short attention span gamers and has begun to forget about us sim guys. NCAA used to be my favorite game. I'd play 10 seasons easily and then go over to Madden and use the guys I'd played with. I played NCAA a grand total of 10 times last year because the slowdown on my HDTV was so bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
I'm very skeptical. This will be the first year that I haven't pre-ordered NCAA in years. If they have fixed the slowdown and the DB play, then I will buy the game on release day after reading reviews and impressions. If these problems haven't been fixed, then I will wait for full named rosters, go to blockbuster, and get some draft classes for Madden. EA should have come out with NCAA 2006 and said "There is no more slowdown for NCAA" just like they came out with MVP2005 and said "Left Handed Hitters can now hit homeruns", but they instead show us some hokey baloney that wows the same people who said that five minute quarters are too long in Madden, or nine innings is too long for a baseball game, let's make it five innings for a ranked game instead. EA has slowly began to cater more to the short attention span gamers and has begun to forget about us sim guys. NCAA used to be my favorite game. I'd play 10 seasons easily and then go over to Madden and use the guys I'd played with. I played NCAA a grand total of 10 times last year because the slowdown on my HDTV was so bad.

Its probally safe to say everyone here's D against the run will be ranked number 1.. This has always been a problem for the series.. Hard to say which AI Running game in more inept, Madden or NCAA..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »