Home

Is home field advantage gone this year?

This is a discussion on Is home field advantage gone this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2005, 08:15 AM   #33
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is home field advantage gone this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmonkey
"Welcome to Kyle Field. For those of you visiting for the first time, please do not be alarmed. The press box will move during the Aggie War Hymn."

First line in press kit given to first time reporters at Kyle Field
That's due as much to 'Aggie Engineering' as anything else!

JK...I enjoy watching games at Kyle Field, and I wish we had more college stadiums with that much character.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #34
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I haven't been to the Big House, but I wish it was built more to hold sound.

My Video Game Streams
Old 04-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #35
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
damn, psufan still posts, long time no post buddy!
I was worried the crow came back and got him ahhh, memories lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
It wasn't that bad. It just had too much of an effect on the gameplay.
Agreed. I do think they need some type of HFA to be able to highlight the fact that many great college teams are nearly unbeatable at home.. Nebraska went years without losing a game in Memorial, for example. I think maybe the worst thing about the HFA were the dropped balls. Maybe tone that down and induce some errant throws by the visiting QB, who knows.

I think a lot of times people are just irritated with the feature because it's something in the game that can hurt them that they have no control over.. Like fumbles, like penalties. I know when people bust an 80 yard TD and it gets called back, it's like "wtf. I didn't do anything to deserve a holding penalty. That's BS." I think the same thing happens with the HFA..

On the penalty note, though.. what might be a good idea, to give you some responsibility for penalties in football games, would be a "dirty play" slider. The left side, is 100% clean ball. Hardly ever get penalties. The right side, cheat to win. Use the cheat to win side, and your guys will hold, block in the back, facemask, etc, with some regularity, but it helps their play. Your guys will make a lot of blocks and tackles that they have no business making. Obviously fewer sacks if your guys aren't hesitant to grab some jersey when they are beat, etc.. but obviously more penalties if you use more of that side.

It's a feature that I think would bring more legitimacy to things like penalties in football games.. that way it won't be so random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »