Home

New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot

This is a discussion on New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I thought the developers said we were in for "revolutionary new player models and graphics." Still looks like the same ol' cartoony player models to me.

Also, so much for being able to turn off the gimmicky matrix-style zoom in camera stuff.

Tiburon sucks, IMO.
I disagree with you on the graphics. I've always thought EA did a good job with their college player models, and this year I think they have surpassed Madden. Looking at those screens, and the game as a whole, it just looks like college football to me. The player models couldn't look much better in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, after reading the article again, I think if the "in the zone" feature is rare enough, it might be kind of cool in a huge, big play moment. Say there are 10 seconds left, you get the ball, have one guy to break for the winning touch down, and as he is about to tackle you, the camera zooms in for a split second as you stiff arm the sh** out of him, then zooms back out as you run it in for the score. That sounds pretty sweet to me (I repeat, as long as it's not OVER used).

Last edited by DickDalewood; 05-04-2005 at 12:05 AM.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I thought the developers said we were in for "revolutionary new player models and graphics." Still looks like the same ol' cartoony player models to me.

Also, so much for being able to turn off the gimmicky matrix-style zoom in camera stuff.

Tiburon sucks, IMO.
Agreed. that is the same way it's looked for years now. i hope "impact players" can be turned off. i dont want to be stuck with arcade BS. like "home field advantage" last year was horrible.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #11
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Tiburon sucks, IMO.
It would help with graphics if they had a body editor like Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2005, 12:16 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Those graphics look simply incredible. EA has really done it this year in the graphics department. I don't think anyone could ask for much better out of this gen systems.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Those graphics look simply incredible. EA has really done it this year in the graphics department. I don't think anyone could ask for much better out of this gen systems.

that sounds like a quote i would expect directly from EA's PR department. nice work. they should hire you.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 AM   #14
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
that sounds like a quote i would expect directly from EA's PR department. nice work. they should hire you.

hes been campaigning for a while now.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #15
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Great find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
wow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »