Home

New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot

This is a discussion on New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot

New NCAA Football 2006 preview with more detail and developer interview (with Desmond Howard and Herschel Walker) on Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/...w_6123549.html

July can't come any sooner!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: New NCAA 2006 preview and developer interview on Gamespot

Sweet

Last edited by Nivek; 05-03-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
During an "in the zone" stiff-arm, for example, the camera will temporarily swing around and focus on the player in question as he viciously puts down his competition, only to immediately swing back to the traditional view of the action on the field. The entire animation only takes a few seconds to complete and isn't really distracting, though it might have been nice to have the option to turn it off if you wanted to. NCAA producers told us that these "in the zone" moments aren't that common
I've got a bad feeling that will get old real quick.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
During an "in the zone" stiff-arm, for example, the camera will temporarily swing around and focus on the player in question as he viciously puts down his competition, only to immediately swing back to the traditional view of the action on the field. The entire animation only takes a few seconds to complete and isn't really distracting, though it might have been nice to have the option to turn it off if you wanted to. NCAA producers told us that these "in the zone" moments aren't that common

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohee1s
I tend to agree with you. This is one new feature that I'm not that excited about. Sounds very arcadey. Hopefully, it's not too big a distraction and not too common as stated by the producers. I also hope they don't go overboard with the IMPACT player moves while "in the zone." I don't want to see players with superhuman abilities. Please, please make it somewhat realistic.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think "impact players" is just a BS cover for them making the game chEAt in the clutch moments because that's the EAsy way to make the game "hard" instEAd of making good AI.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

I thought the developers said we were in for "revolutionary new player models and graphics." Still looks like the same ol' cartoony player models to me.

Also, so much for being able to turn off the gimmicky matrix-style zoom in camera stuff.

Tiburon sucks, IMO.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohee1s

Yep, this definitely has me worried.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #8
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Man alive, look at this move by Leak...

The right analog juke seems like you have total control of the football players that are capable of making moves like this. Looks fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »