Home

Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #25
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

05 sucked on xbox. There is absolutely no excuse for the slowdown and dropped passes. I don't think I'm being picky when I gripe about that. The game doesn't seem realistic either. People find money plays or just chunk the ball deep every play. It was rediculous last year how it was harder to complete a short pass than a deep pass.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
you want us to leave you two alone?

i'm still hoping...as long as there's no xbox slowdown it won't be that horrible in my eyes...maybe that's just me though
LOL no need for that but, Bill is a respected individual in the PC and Console Sports gaming community and has been around a long time, and I take what he says as "Gospel" and place his impressions above anything that Gamespot or IGN or anyone else says about a game. Bill is the reason I and lots of others started playing HH and didn't give up until it was all over. He's saved me lots of money in the past (MLB2k5, NHL2005, and lots of others) Bill is a sim-gamer like most of us, and doesn't BS in his reviews (He gave MLB2k5 a 2.5/5 stars due to bugs in it.) If he says it's more of the same from last year, then trust me, it's more of the same from last year. I can tell you that I loved NCAA03 and NCAA04 I played 10-15 seasons of both (no simming all playing). I even dropped Madden and went back to 03 and 04 and played more. I didn't even finish a season in 05 due to the dropped passes and slowdown. I played a friend's PS2 version and didn't have near as many drops and no slowdown. I'm waiting till I see more on this game, but as of now, it's a rental for rosters and draft classes and nothing more. Just like most of you, I've bought every NCAA since it was Bill Walsh's college football, but not this year.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #27
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
I take what he says as "Gospel"
Ah, so that's why you have sore knees.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #28
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Beat me to the punch!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #29
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm sure you all know me as the Pope of Sports Gaming...so I'd like to bless you with a thought....

Opinions are great and it is certainly nice to hear some from someone who has had their hands on the game for even a very brief time, but...they are just that...opinions based on having your hands on the game for a very brief time. Hell, Bill Corleone may love the game by the time it makes it through final QA and hits shelves...

So, please, everyone...take everything you hear this week...good and bad...with a big *** grain of salt...

Love,
The Pope

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #30
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Are comments like that really necessary? I had been searching for impressions by someone other than an EA site or IGN or Gamespot, found some and posted them. He said it was a near-final build and the content bothered me about the dropped passes and some of the other issues that plagued the game last year. Bill's site is much like this one, you get honest no holds barred opinions no matter who the manufacturer of the game is. I guess my knees must really be sore since I respect Steve, Clay's, Sully's and the other mod's opinions on here more than those on other sites.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #31
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'm sure you all know me as the Pope of Sports Gaming...so I'd like to bless you with a thought....

Opinions are great and it is certainly nice to hear some from someone who has had their hands on the game for even a very brief time, but...they are just that...opinions based on having your hands on the game for a very brief time. Hell, Bill Corleone may love the game by the time it makes it through final QA and hits shelves...

So, please, everyone...take everything you hear this week...good and bad...with a big *** grain of salt...

Love,
The Pope
Thanks for the voice of reason Clay, err Pope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 PM   #32
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
Are comments like that really necessary? I had been searching for impressions by someone other than an EA site or IGN or Gamespot, found some and posted them. He said it was a near-final build and the content bothered me about the dropped passes and some of the other issues that plagued the game last year. Bill's site is much like this one, you get honest no holds barred opinions no matter who the manufacturer of the game is. I guess my knees must really be sore since I respect Steve, Clay's, Sully's and the other mod's opinions on here more than those on other sites.
It was a joke meng, I could care less about Bill Abner and his "no holds barred" opinions. The game still hasn't gone through Q&A, and while I appreciate Bill's impressions, I'm not going to call off my pre-order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »