Home

Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #49
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

I've been reading Bill Abner's comments for the over the past year or so. I don't think he has any real bias against the NCAA series or EA. He, like many of us, just wants a great game to play. Although I still played NCAA '05, I thought last years game was by far the worst in the series (gameplay-wise). Even after reading Bill's initial comments, I wasn't ready to give up on NCAA '06. In fact, I love to hear all sides of the story, rather than ALL POSITIVE reviews or ALL NEGATIVE reviews. It gives me a better picture of what I'm in for when putting down my $50. Reviews from "fanboys" and "haters" are worthless because they either praise the whole game or **** on it. After reading these forums for a while, you pick-up on who is who... and who's opinion you respect. I like reading reviews, comments, etc. from fellow game players and fans of the sports games in general because many of the reviews from publications, etc. do not touch many of the aspects that I'm looking forward to hearing about... which is in-depth gameplay issues (ex. has the CPU pass comp% improved). To be honest, I was never on the fence in terms of buying NCAA '06 regardless of how bad I thought '05 was. The only thing that might have made me really question my decision to pick up '06 is if EVERYONE and their mother had something negative to say. This doesn't seem to be the case. The VG review, which is an excellent in-depth read, has gotten me very excited to pick up '06.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8

Bias is a word that had been politicized into meaninglessness. Now whenever anyone says anything that you personally disagree with, you can yelp, "bias!" and make it go away (and this holds especially true when the person has some knowledge-a.k.a. first hand experience- while you have none.

I blame the Republicans.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #51
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
well it seems that VG and Fetter have different opinions both saying the game is good, and no one else has mentioned the drops so I think this review may be due to outside factors more than anything and maybe just a dislike for the series.
You might want to check out what the guy at maddennation said. I don't have any quotes but he asked about the drops and the producer said they still have to tweak it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #52
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
Bias is a word that had been politicized into meaninglessness. Now whenever anyone says anything that you personally disagree with, you can yelp, "bias!" and make it go away (and this holds especially true when the person has some knowledge-a.k.a. first hand experience- while you have none.

I blame the Republicans.
I disagree...but clearly you are biased against bias...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 05-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #53
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Why do you say that? IMO, 2005 had some major issues.
It did. Maybe he was playing the PS2 version. I was very disappointed with the XBOX version.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #54
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
You might want to check out what the guy at maddennation said. I don't have any quotes but he asked about the drops and the producer said they still have to tweak it.
Check out the interview with the guy from the maddenmatrix site, the audio one, I am more confident after listening to that, much less dropped passes and the short game works well. He called NCAA 2005 the rough draft of 2006 and to me that's a good thing.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #55
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

can you post a link to that interview, i'm having trouble finding it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #56
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
can you post a link to that interview, i'm having trouble finding it.
new screens and e3 impressions

Link is in the initial post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »