Home

Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #57
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Bill Abner's thoughts on NCAA after playing at E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
He has never liked the NCAA series so take his opinion with a grain of salt.
Now that's just an out and out lie, but hey, if it makes you feel better you can believe whatever you like. NCAA 2005 was the first PS2/Xbox era NCAA game that I didn't care for; I guess not liking one version means I hate the series. Again some of you are reading way too much into what I said as a flippant blog comment based off playing one game.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #58
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
Bias is a word that had been politicized into meaninglessness. Now whenever anyone says anything that you personally disagree with, you can yelp, "bias!" and make it go away (and this holds especially true when the person has some knowledge-a.k.a. first hand experience- while you have none.

I blame the Republicans.
I agree. One can be biased and still give a very objective opinion. Everyone is biased in way or another, but it's such a buzz word these days that no one really knows the true meaning of it.

I blame the . . .

. . . okay, no more political discussion
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
He never liked the series cause he points out the flaws & isn't a yes man like many EA fans?
So because Damon from MP says some of the same flaws were fixed he is a yes man for EA? All I was pointing out is all I've ever heard from Abner about NCAA is complaints and he simply doesn't seem to like the game very much.

If you know Damon from MP he is much more balanced in how he presents information about EA games. I will go alot more by what he says than Abner because in all past years he has presented both good and bad. Yes some EA fans are yes men but on the flip side others are simply not fans at all of their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Most of us at OS love the NCAA series & didnt like 05..
I'm not talking about Abner in just one year, 2005, I've been reading his columns/impressions for years. As I said, IMO he has simply never cared much for the series.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #60
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
I agree. One can be biased and still give a very objective opinion. Everyone is biased in way or another, but it's such a buzz word these days that no one really knows the true meaning of it.

I blame the . . .

. . . okay, no more political discussion
You guys are making way too much out of the word, "bias." What's up with "bias" being a "buzz" word. If you don't like the word I used, then insert "prejudice," "partial," or whatever word you like to mean preconceived notion. I don't even know the guy (Abner), but from what I've read of his comments, I didn't get the feeling that he was against the NCAA series. It is clear that he was disappointed in the '05 version, but so were many of us. It's true that anyone/everyone can have a "bias" regarding anything, but it doesn't mean that everyone is "biased" in one way or another. That's where people like myself stand. It's a new year, a new season... I go into it being "impartial"... I read the comments of those who have played the game first-hand and I read the reviews from all the websites and publications, play the game myself, then make my decision on whether I liked it or not.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #61
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
\

I'm not talking about Abner in just one year, 2005, I've been reading his columns/impressions for years. As I said, IMO he has simply never cared much for the series.
Where in the hell are you getting this? Maybe you have me confused with my evil twin but I loved, absolutely loved, NCAA 2002, 2003 and 2004. Loved them. Played them so much that I missed deadlines as a result. Played in multiplayer house leagues. Wrote glowing columns on them. Posted here about them ad nauseum. Posted intricate house rules, on this very website, re: NCAA 2004. Pages of stuff. I would waste my time posting my sliders and house rules on a game that I didnt care for? OK..

To say that I have never liked the series is so way off base and just plain wrong that it's really, really surprising to me that someone that has read this forum over the years would think that. Again, you think what you want; that's on you, not me. But it would be impossible for you to be more wrong.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Where in the hell are you getting this? Maybe you have me confused with my evil twin but I loved, absolutely loved, NCAA 2002, 2003 and 2004. Loved them. Played them so much that I missed deadlines as a result. Played in multiplayer house leagues. Wrote glowing columns on them. Posted here about them ad nauseum. Posted intricate house rules, on this very website, re: NCAA 2004. Pages of stuff. I would waste my time posting my sliders and house rules on a game that I didnt care for? OK..

To say that I have never liked the series is so way off base and just plain wrong that it's really, really surprising to me that someone that has read this forum over the years would think that. Again, you think what you want; that's on you, not me. But it would be impossible for you to be more wrong.
Cause some extreme fans expect you to tow the line so to speak.. Anyone that critizes 'their' game is labled as a hate or a basher.. If you spoke out against the obvious flaws in 05, some how you never liked the series to begin with..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #63
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner

You have encountered ODogg, defender of all things EA. Whenever he hears a hint of criticism of his beloved company, he will come running. Take it with a grain of salt, Bill. Most people that have read your stuff know that you are not an EA ***** or NCAA *****.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #64
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I don't think he is a ***** by a mile but it almost sounds like he played the 05 addition over again as crazy as that sounds... The way that the audio report, Fetter and the VG report have said it sounds like most if not all of our promblems have been addressed but I think Bill should have his own opinion as well. The more the better I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »