Home

Rivals.com (yes or no)

This is a discussion on Rivals.com (yes or no) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2005, 08:02 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Rivals.com (yes or no)

sounds like the Rivals didn't pay their bill to the NCAA. I'm done asking, expecting or assuming the NCAA wil do the right thing. Besides the ultimate hypocritical stance on the 12th game, there is also the example of their inability to make changes to the basketball rules that were supposed to be done by this year and now won't even be available until the '07 season (lane widening, moving the 3 point line back etc).
Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #18
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i am not surprised by the NCAA's objection to legitimizing rivals.com. while i am a HUGE fan of rivals, it does portray recruiting as a business. while this is so, the NCAA has always been about perception. while they are struggling to maintain the amatuer athlete, they have developed a hard line stance on all related issues. this sucks, but not completely surprising.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #19
Rookie

brianb722's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i am not surprised by the NCAA's objection to legitimizing rivals.com. while i am a HUGE fan of rivals, it does portray recruiting as a business. while this is so, the NCAA has always been about perception. while they are struggling to maintain the amatuer athlete, they have developed a hard line stance on all related issues. this sucks, but not completely surprising.
You're joking about the NCAA "struggling to maintain the amateur athlete" right?

Someone over at Rivals said it best, "The NCAA simply refuses to let anyone exploit college athletes for money. That's their job."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »