Home

Can someone say ANYTHING good about NCAA 2005 (xbox)?

This is a discussion on Can someone say ANYTHING good about NCAA 2005 (xbox)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Can someone say ANYTHING good about NCAA 2005 (xbox)?

I know its sad but I just can't help myself. With the early release of the College Football Preview Mags this year, my college football fever is at an all time high. I think this is going to be a special year for college football.....and I've got it bad. I'm breaking out in sweats, I've got the shakes...I can't wait for college football this year.

I know NCAA 2006 will be/should be out in a little over a month................................BUT I JUST CANT WAIT THAT LONG. I can't do it. I can't control myself anymore. I have 2 games that I can trade in and I can either get NCAA 2004 AND Inside Drive 2004 (im kinda missing an NBA game right now with the playoffs getting hot...but i know that will wear off soon)....OR I can trade those two games for NCAA 2005. I'm kinda leaning towards NCAA 2005 since I really only have time for one game anyway being a father of a 19 month old son who hasn't learn yet to sit still and quietly on the couch while daddy plays his xbox. But I have seen only bad reviews. Is the game really THAT bad, or is it just that there wasn't much improvement from 2004. 2005 has been the only NCAA game that I did not purchase btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Can someone say ANYTHING good about NCAA 2005 (xbox)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucsfan
I know its sad but I just can't help myself. With the early release of the College Football Preview Mags this year, my college football fever is at an all time high. I think this is going to be a special year for college football.....and I've got it bad. I'm breaking out in sweats, I've got the shakes...I can't wait for college football this year.

I know NCAA 2006 will be/should be out in a little over a month................................BUT I JUST CANT WAIT THAT LONG. I can't do it. I can't control myself anymore. I have 2 games that I can trade in and I can either get NCAA 2004 AND Inside Drive 2004 (im kinda missing an NBA game right now with the playoffs getting hot...but i know that will wear off soon)....OR I can trade those two games for NCAA 2005. I'm kinda leaning towards NCAA 2005 since I really only have time for one game anyway being a father of a 19 month old son who hasn't learn yet to sit still and quietly on the couch while daddy plays his xbox. But I have seen only bad reviews. Is the game really THAT bad, or is it just that there wasn't much improvement from 2004. 2005 has been the only NCAA game that I did not purchase btw.
The game actually took a huge step back in a variety of areas. There were subtle improvements but they were easily overshadowed by the huge flaws that accounted for the overal step back. Many people dislike the WR drops the most and also the slow down...but my biggest pet peeves were the speed cheat/lack of cpu AI, the blocking/play design and the fact that you couldnt return kicks.

I would seriously recommend getting NCAA 2004 instead.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I thought the CPU run game was better and they ran more, but slowdown on the XBOX was horrific, it really makes it unplayable at times. Add terrible AI passing and too many WR drops to the mix and you can understand why so many people hated it. 2004 was better, but I would just rent either one. After you get your fix you will just be waiting for the new one anyway, no need to buy an older version.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726
I thought the CPU run game was better and they ran more, but slowdown on the XBOX was horrific, it really makes it unplayable at times. Add terrible AI passing and too many WR drops to the mix and you can understand why so many people hated it. 2004 was better, but I would just rent either one. After you get your fix you will just be waiting for the new one anyway, no need to buy an older version.
Well i won't be spending a penny cuz i'll be trading in some games that i haven't touched in months...and dont plan to anytime soon. I was just weary of getting 2004 cuz i played the HELL out of that game....it was indeed a great game. But my team is Miami and they are still in the Big East in 2004. Oh well, if 2005 is that bad i guess i can live with dominating the Big East again.....it just wont be as fun. Do you know if I will be able to change conferences in 2004 (move miami to the ACC) ....i can't remember if that was possible or not.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I still thought it was the best in the series, but I had the PS2 version...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

2005 was fun, just like all the previous years. It just had a few problems, mainly the dropped passes. There was some XBox slowdown that annoyed some people, but it never bothered me much. I still played that game for about 3 or 4 months. College football is always fun, 2005 just had a lot to live up to and didn't really meet all its high expectations.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
2005 was fun, just like all the previous years. It just had a few problems, mainly the dropped passes. There was some XBox slowdown that annoyed some people, but it never bothered me much. I still played that game for about 3 or 4 months. College football is always fun, 2005 just had a lot to live up to and didn't really meet all its high expectations.
05 was voted most disapointing sports title by OS.. Get 04..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
05 was voted most disapointing sports title by OS.. Get 04..
I have both 04 and 05 and recently played a game of each back to back to notice the differences. I was shocked at how poor 05 was. EA really screwed the game up on the Xbox. It's graphically inferior, moves way too slow, has too many dropped passes, fewer plays on offense, speed cheat on defense, and basically everything else everytbody said. IMO NCAA 2004 is the pinnacle of the franchise and you can find it cheap at EB or gamestop for around $5-6. I say get 2004 to tide you over to 2006 in July.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »