Home

Will we be able to change YR/CLASS in player edit?

This is a discussion on Will we be able to change YR/CLASS in player edit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Will we be able to change YR/CLASS in player edit?

I hope we're able to change year/class in the player edit. By the time the game comes out, there are almost always a couple of guys per team in that are no longer with that team for one reason or another. It would make it so much easier to find another player to use if we could change his CLASS/YR... instead of having to find someone from the same class (i.e. JR for JR) to replace him. Since we're able to change everything else from POS, HGT, WT, RATINGS, etc., why don't they allow us to change the CLASS/YR?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Will we be able to change YR/CLASS in player edit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I hope we're able to change year/class in the player edit. By the time the game comes out, there are almost always a couple of guys per team in that are no longer with that team for one reason or another. It would make it so much easier to find another player to use if we could change his CLASS/YR... instead of having to find someone from the same class (i.e. JR for JR) to replace him. Since we're able to change everything else from POS, HGT, WT, RATINGS, etc., why don't they allow us to change the CLASS/YR?
If you could edit the class you would never have to buy NCAA again(if you like that current years game)every year you could just continue adding incoming freshmen, tranfers, etc.. and the empire(EA) wouldn't like that, they feel like they would lose $$$$
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
If you could edit the class you would never have to buy NCAA again(if you like that current years game)every year you could just continue adding incoming freshmen, tranfers, etc.. and the empire(EA) wouldn't like that, they feel like they would lose $$$$
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted on these boards. Do you seriously believe that EA is worried that a sizable number of people are going to sit down and edit an entire roster file (over 8,000 players) just to avoid buying a new game?

Here's another possibility-they don't want people cheating in dynasty mode by simply "rolling back the odometer" on their team every offseason.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted on these boards. Do you seriously believe that EA is worried that a sizable number of people are going to sit down and edit an entire roster file (over 8,000 players) just to avoid buying a new game?

Here's another possibility-they don't want people cheating in dynasty mode by simply "rolling back the odometer" on their team every offseason.
I can't speak for everyone, but IMO, I would think that people who like to edit/play with actual NCAA rosters are people that like to play the games as close to the real thing as possible (i.e. real names, attributes and ratings, etc.). If we wanted to cheat in dynasty mode, we could just edit our player ratings and make a super team... Maybe it would be an issue if there were online dynasties or something like that, but other then that I can't see why not.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I can't speak for everyone, but IMO, I would think that people who like to edit/play with actual NCAA rosters are people that like to play the games as close to the real thing as possible (i.e. real names, attributes and ratings, etc.). If we wanted to cheat in dynasty mode, we could just edit our player ratings and make a super team... Maybe it would be an issue if there were online dynasties or something like that, but other then that I can't see why not.
You're right. I'm not certain why they don't allow this, but I don't believe for a second that it has anything at all to do with EA being concerned about lost sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

if it hasn't been in the past don't expect it now...
Old 05-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
if it hasn't been in the past don't expect it now...
My gut says it's not gonna be in '06... but I'm not gonna write it off forever. There are many things that were added to the games that weren't there in years past. I remember when you could only edit a limited number of players/teams, now you can edit them all. I remember when you couldn't change the players POS, but now you can. I remember when there wasn't a dynasty mode, create a player, and career stat tracking for multiple seasons. These are all now in the game, so I still have hope.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:13 PM   #8
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I would love to see them change it too. I wind up with one or two every year who have left the team since rosters were finalized and can't really find a replacement. Usually what I do is to revise that player into a walk-on who contributes and at the end of the season, I'll cut them in favor of bringing in more scholarship players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »